New feature! Newsletter subscription block on your website! ​

2»

Comments

• edited September 2015

sexydea , it's already possible. To download the list you need: 

1. Go to 'Promotion';

2. Click on 'Subscribers list';

3.Click on 'Export all list'.

4. The list will be downloaded to your computer as an excel file.

• ty sasha but when i click it happen nothing no download starts hmmm

• sexydea, please contact support at modelcentro.com, so that we can investigate and resolve the issue asap

• ty sasha support is ready to fix it

• Hey there @sexydea! Please check that you have ad blocks turned off, otherwise your browser might not begin download of the file. If you don't have any ad blocker/security restrictions on, please reach out to support at modelcentro.com and the guys there will troubleshoot and fix it for you.

• @sexydea - it works for me.

@Natalie can we get one more feild on export page where only e mails would be so we could copy paste only e mails?   Now it gives names, e mails and dates which i had manualy delete before pasting in the adress book.

• @JenySmith, I'll add it as a feature request (which fields to export), but for now, I would still open the export in exel or libreoffice spreadsheets to check on it. The csv will open as a table in a spreadsheet, which makes it easy to highlight and just delete a whole column. I would also consider importing names into your address book, it might just be a simple config change, depending on what mailing program/site you're using.

• @natalie ;

ah great, if it expotrs as the colums than great and no need any other changes! thank you!

• @sexydea under the 'settings' link (in promotion) you will find the 'subscribers list' link.  There is an export option that downloads a .csv file, you can open that in Excel (or other spreadsheet programs) and I *believe* you can import it into Outlook contacts (it has been a while since I have done that - so I would have to play with it before I could give a definitive 'how to')  and most e-mail services allow you to import a .csv file as well.

@natalie thank you for finding more options!

• Finally got around to playing with this, and was able to easily import the csv into the "mailpoet" wordpress plugin ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/wysija-newsletters/ )

Mailpoet is probably about as close to Mailchimp in ease of use that you can get for sending newsletters. There are some very attractive email templates, and it is VERY easy to use. 

Unfortunately, this requires a self-hosted basic WordPress installation (I use CertifiedHosting.com aka nakedhosting.com) which runs about $4 a month. You don't even need to know about WordPress webdesign, just go with the default design and use the backend to make newsletters. 

Alot of these very basic webhosting plans allow you to have unlimited add-on and subdomains, so you could go in with a friend or 2 and the split costs would be really cheap :)

Pretty much whenever I send out a newsletter, I make money. 

• @Kaitlin-FurPassion, thanks a bunch for the input, this is a great option!

• Hello,

which of the mails do not work? I know .hotmail not working. Is there more?

Thanks

• spaingirl, could you please specify your question? 

• With me in the newsletter some have enrolled with a .hotmail. You will not receive mail through the new.

Which mail addresses are still blocked by the system? .yahoo, .webmail, .gmail ???

• spaingirl  , We don't block any of these mail services. Newsletter subscription block has been developed to collect email addresses of potential site members so you can contact  them and push to join your site.