Updates? Anything New Coming?

Hey All,

I been using MC for two years or so. I'm not hugely active so please correct me if I'm wrong. But I remember when first signing up there was a lot of talk about features being added or improved upon. At one point we were even receiving updates like once a week. So much so I'll even admit to finding them annoying because they were generally in areas I wasn't interested in.

But at least stuff was happening. And now it seems like development has fallen silent.

So I'm curious to hear if there's anything happening or is this it? Like the CMS is not bad but there was still lots of areas for improvement. And SEO is pretty much non existent. I doubt there's been any new templates added. And who knows how old the blog system is. Like at the very least add a toggle html view so we could at least do it ourselves.

Any updates on current state of mc will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• I'm with you here, waiting and wondering, long time user! Even some of the features on the MC splash page still aren't available (Centro University?)!
    I would kill for more templates or more options to customize our sites, the ability to reorganize videos and photo sets, etc.

I really do love MC but def agree it seems like any kind of new features or updates for MC as a platform haven't been priority lately!

Would love some info or updates, admin? :smile:

• "the ability to reorganize videos and photo sets"

Yes! This, please. A lot of my content really needs to follow a chronological order (some clips are sequels to others, etc) and for various reasons, they have gotten out of order. I would love to be able to reorder them and get them back in the right order. 

I feel like there's a lot focus on SynC, which is probably a bigger effort to implement than most people would think, but I would like to see some develop[ment effort toward the base platform functionality soon. 
  • I recently contacted the MC team asking how the live streaming error was going and they told me that they are finally working on it now to fix it! B)
  • By the way, I would like them to fix the uploading page because yesterday I tried to upload a 1GB video and I was there for an hour or more. Then halfway uploading, it stopped. I have uploaded the same videos to Manyvids and it doesn't take so long to upload!
  • Hi there! We are working on updates, and we'll be sure to let you know as soon as they are a bit closer to completion. If you ever have a specific question or an issue with your account, please don't hesitate to hit us up via live chat or you can send an email to support@modelcentro.com to talk directly to a member of the support team! 
  • Hi there! We are working on updates, and we'll be sure to let you know as soon as they are a bit closer to completion. If you ever have a specific question or an issue with your account, please don't hesitate to hit us up via live chat or you can send an email to support@modelcentro.com to talk directly to a member of the support team! 

Yes i have never not been able to contact support and not receive a response within a few hours. The concern is these are all basic requests that have been made repeatedly for years. Yet the site still continues to look the same if not worse. I use to be able to link a video with a photoset can't anymore yet the button is still there. When I tweet updates through the site it use to use the pic or vid of the update now it just uses the default image. These are all things that somehow broke after an update and never got fixed.

Every wysiwyg editor I have ever used comes with the ability to toggle html it's even on this comment box "</>" Yet this button exist no where on our sites, on our blogs anywhere.

FTP, again a feature on every hosting platform does not exist for us. We have to do files one at a time.

These are the most basic of things that have been asked for time and time again. So if they aren't being worked on, what is this larger update that is taking priority over these basic features? Maybe it's time to re-prioritize since these are all things that shouldn't need to be added. These are all features which should have been included since the start. Which is why they are asked for time and time again.

It hasn't been a few weeks, or a few months, it's been a few years.
  • I can just agree, my members are so disappointed that the live cam feature doesnt work. And it ha s not worked since over a year. Lately more and more technical issues arise, like videos and photosets going online and suddenly drop out of the system. I have contacted support several times, they keep saying they are looking into it, but they don t seem to be able to find the problem.
    The video uploader indeed is 5 times slower than on other sites, that would be great to fix.
    The newsletter system: I was told over a year ago that they will include that feature so we can send out newsletters to all people in the database.
    Years ago when I joined it said in the editor,there will be new themes coming. They didnt come.
    Often simple features like setting a preview picture for a gallerie don t work:-(
    I hope they will start improving,its not helping business if not
    I would hate to have to move my site elsewhere
  • @LatexLara

Upload one vid at a time, as I find this solves the problem.

• dvtimes said:
    @LatexLara

Upload one vid at a time, as I find this solves the problem.

Having to do things one at a time is the problem not the solution.

We should have a database, an excel file with all the fields, that we could download and update. This would make any necessary changes we have to make quick and easy.

Having to do everything one at a time makes zero sense and is extremely frustrating.
  • Would it help move things along if we all contact support directly with our requests @Brooke Centro ?
    Some of these things - live streams not working, upload times, new themes, organizing content, etc. - are like, crucial to running this kind of membership site.

I can't say I'll stay with MC another year (at domain renewal) if I don't see some of these improvements or updates happen. :(
  • Yes, definitely contact support should you have questions or issues, you can either use the live chat option or send a message to support@modelcentro.com

candy said:
    Would it help move things along if we all contact support directly with our requests @Brooke Centro ?
    Some of these things - live streams not working, upload times, new themes, organizing content, etc. - are like, crucial to running this kind of membership site.

I can't say I'll stay with MC another year (at domain renewal) if I don't see some of these improvements or updates happen. :(

• I just can't figure out how it can take so long to fix a problem with live shows, they have been like this for months, almost half a year and it still does not work, plus they do not add new functions. I am very disappointed with Modelcentro.
  • My customers have complained to me for 2 years about wanting a basic search function. I've written to MC about this in intimate detail several times. The result, search is absolutely not a priority. Frustrated and dissapointed!
  • They've been saying for a year that they were working on the cam/live shows feature. That was the ONLY reason I moved my site here and it's never worked. Newer sites have added live show features within mere weeks of being up and running so hopefully they will make good on this or just be upfront and say that it's never happening. I've lost more than 75% of my fanbase at this point because of it including the fan that recommended modelcentro to me because of the live shows.
  • Personally I am moving to other types of fan clubs... I do not need a website when other pages pay me more percentage, offer me more things than Modelcentro and more traffic🙄
  • Hi everyone! We absolutely understand your frustration, and we can assure you that we are working on these features and updates -- as soon as we have an ETA we will absolutely announce it so we can keep you in the loop.

Regarding traffic, we can recommend signing up to our affiliate program at http://centroprofits.com/ to help pull in new traffic. There is also information on how to increase traffic here: http://help.modelcentro.com/en/collections/2232532-promotion

• Brooke,

As a developer myself, please allow me to share a very important perspective.

If the developers are really working hard to deliver fixes and updates, but provide no communications on how things are going or when we will see them, as MC clients, what we experience is that NOTHING is being done and MC will lose some of its hard earned and well deserved 'good name'. 

I have personally, totally given up on ever having a normal, standard, basic search feature that my customers can use here. It's available everywhere else on other sites. But after requesting it for years from MC and being told it's not a priority, I've resigned myself to just keep losing customers over it. I used to be more positive and excited. Oh well.

• Hi everyone! We absolutely understand your frustration, and we can assure you that we are working on these features and updates -- as soon as we have an ETA we will absolutely announce it so we can keep you in the loop.

I started this thread 4 months ago, in which time there have been no updates. I don't even know how long its been since the last update before that. So what updates take Over 4 months to complete? Is this supposed update so feature rich that it involves that amount of extensive testing? If so what are these supposed features? Next you're going to say it's meant to be a surprise.

I started this thread 4 months ago, in which time there have been no updates. I don't even know how long its been since the last update before that. So what updates take Over 4 months to complete? Is this supposed update so feature rich that it involves that amount of extensive testing? If so what are these supposed features? Next you're going to say it's meant to be a surprise.

I feel like they are abandoning MC and are focusing more on FC... MC is dead, soon or later...🤦🏻‍♂️

I feel like they are abandoning MC and are focusing more on FC... MC is dead, soon or later...🤦🏻‍♂️

Aley's on to something. I didn't even think about that FC! I hope that's not the case, I have a page established there but I'm not interested in actually using FC.
    There are too many better options out there. :(
  • I closed my FC due to no busines and opened an OnlyFans that's really coming alive.
  • OnlyFans does the one thing they never bothered doing here. Which is promoting and recruiting. So even though we might have tons more features to offer members, traffic is king.
  • ModelCentro is certainly not being forgotten, updates are currently being developed and we will have more information to share on them soon. If you have any immediate problems or questions you are always welcome to reach out to the team via live chat so we can assist you as soon as possible.

FanCentro offers many, many unique features and we have more to come. There is ample traffic to be had and plenty of ways to access it, both with the promo tools that are offered and through the affiliate program. One of the biggest things that is upcoming is CentroUniversity, which will be launched within the next month. That is a a comprehensive educational program that will show you how to fully utilize the platform, how to find and grow your traffic, and everything you need to do to succeed with your business online.
  • That the MC developers are working hard is great. Telling us what's happening is of great value as well, because from our side of the equation, it looks like nothing is happening. Being as we're running our businesses on your platform, the lack of info on development is really a negative. We're planning our future and have no info on how your development will affect it.

If the plan is to simply announce when updates are ready, I'll tell you right now, that would be a poor strategy. People are seriously looking at alternatives and can become emotionally committed to solutions other than MC before you start telling us what's happening development-wise.

When I first came to MC, it was the most positive I had ever felt about an adult site development space. Now, after 2 years of lethargic unresponsiveness from the developers to improve the system, I'm struggling to find the joy. I want to love MC again.

Help!
  • BTW, the help/support people are very good and very hard working. I want to make sure that they are not lumped in with the development effort.
  • The CentroUniversity should have had launched at the time with MC, since in the home page say that we can learn things on CU and it does not exist till... next month? MC exists since 2013 lol
  • Question for those in the chat. 

What kind of platform do you use besides only fans for your content? Also which kind of content do you offer? I ask since there are a lot of sites with 100 rules on what can/can't be sold. 

After joining and seeing the amount of people upset due to the lack of update I just want to have a backup plan haha 
  • One of the biggest things that is upcoming is CentroUniversity, which will be launched within the next month.
    Really happy to hear that this is launching soon! Thank you for the update! :smiley:
  • When will a search feature be added to accounts?  There has to be a way for folks to search for something WITHOUT creating a tag...Like if someone wants to look for a particular model on my site - they should be able to type say "honey brown" in the seach and find that - WITHOUT us having to create tags and all
  • When will a search feature be added to accounts?  There has to be a way for folks to search for something WITHOUT creating a tag...Like if someone wants to look for a particular model on my site - they should be able to type say "honey brown" in the seach and find that - WITHOUT us having to create tags and all
    I have literally asked for this in the support area for at least two years. The summary response is that this is not something that they're looking into. I get complaints about this from customers and have truly given up by now. This issue truly frustrates me. I've lead software development teams for years and can tell you querrying (searching) the database is not rocket science. Unfortunately, it's just not important to MC. I've given up on this vital issue.