Incentives for referrals

I wast thinking that it might be an idea to have an incentive for new members to sign up via a referral, I understand that the referring member gets a slice of the new members payouts but I don't see what incentive a new member has in choosing to sign up from a referral link rather than just signing up in the regular way.

I often pimp out my referral link but often get the reply of "but whats in it for me?" and they seem to have a point.

Maybe it would be possible to get their first payout commission free or at a reduced percentage  or to get a giftcard, I don't know, but something ! lol

just a thought.

Comments

• @busty_von_tease - well, for one thing - they don't lose any money in registering this way. I mean - " I understand that the referring member gets a slice of the new members payouts" - is not correct. The bonuses you get are from ModelCentro's earnigns only. The referred model does not lose a single penny!

• If they want to know what they get, refer them to a list of features for model centro.

Or do you mean, why should they use your referral link? Probably nothing. But you could always offer them support and advice in setting up their site.

• @Natalie sorry I didn't word that very well, I'm aware that the referral money comes from the modelcentro share, but the amount is directly proportional to the success of the new account, which is an incentive to the referring model, rather than an incentive to a new model to sign up, if both parties got an incentive it might drive the referrals more.

@Alexis Thats exactly what I do, If I refer someone I give them my full support.

I just mean right now there isn't a financial incentive to use a referral.

• I've offered free SEO advice to models who have registered through my sites. A couple have taken me up on it, not many though. I'm not really having too much interaction with my traffic though. Most of it's through SEO, so they kind of just sign themselves up.

Maybe just setup a simple blogspot blog with a couple pieces of content on tips for setting up an MC site, running a fanclub, ect. and shoot them that link in a non-salesy way and just have affiliate links and banners. That way your providing information instead of just shooting them a ref link and trying to get them to signup.

Oh, throw in a couple links to your site as an example to take advantage of the extra backlinks in your portfolio.

• Hell, going that route you can always contrast MC to some other CMS and also include a list of adult-friendly web hosts and registrars. Web hosts offer some generous commissions, registrars not so much, but it's still another way to monetize the traffic.

That way you're covering web development in general, making it even more resource-ish than salesish.

• I'll think of some options for referral reimbursement, @busty_von_tease. Good point. There's complications with that though - sometimes people might join by clicking "powered by modelcentro" in the footer of a website (this is also your referral link). So, you didn't really do anything at all - they just saw your site and decided to make one. How would they even know to claim their prize? It'd be easy to give some % off or something, but the system is cost-free, and that's what makes treats a bit difficult.

Btw, stumbled across your site recently and noticed that the pic on the tip me page is default. Just a heads up :)

@WebcamStartup, I'm a big believer in information marketing, so Yes, yes and one more time yeSsss!