Email addresses

H there,

Quick question, Any chance that every single person that puts in their email addresses in to our site whether it be thru sign ups or they started to sign up but didn;t bother to finish. Is there any way we could get these emails in a XLS file ?? Because I'm going thru my did not finish signing up list & it takes so long to send out emails to these guys, so I would like to beable to just have a long list we could download so we could send out newsletters & offers to all these people to try & get them to sign up . 

Hope this is reads correct & can be easily understood lol what I'm trying to ask 

;-(

Comments

• ment to be a ;-) not a ;-( lol 

• angel_long , this is a good suggestion and I'll add it to the requests inbox. For now, you are able to download the list of your subscribers as a csv file 

• Angel, great you brought this up, we were just going to bring this up with a live operator, as we would like to do bulk emails to past members etc, would be great to be able to do this with past expired members like you can do with the newsletter signups.

• edited May 2016

Hey @Angel_long, Just a quick reminder: Anyone who has not specifically signed up for your newsletter has not given you permission to add them to a mailing list. That being said, if any of them report your newsletter for adding them without permission you could lose your mailinglist account. When it comes to people who have not completed their sign up, it's probably best to mail them individually-- no matter how annoying it may seem. 

• edited May 2016

@AylaEXPOSED Actually CANSPAM laws only require that you provide a method of opt-out within the email, and honor all opt-out requests, unless the law has changed in the past two years (last time I actually read it).

Also, anyone hitting the SPAM button on any of your content can cause issues to your domain reputation and reputation from that particular email handle on the email-client level. I honestly don't know how it affects IP reputation if you're not sending it from an actual email client. I honestly don't know how sender IPs work if you're just using Gmail, Hotmail, ect. Could be 100% compliant with everything, and this will still have an affect. It all varies with each email client. Don't know how email clients communicate with ISPs, honestly, but it's the ISP blacklisting you really have to worry about.

But as far as CAN-SPAM goes, opt-in isn't necessarily a requirement, although it's definitely the best practice.

Shopping cart abandonment is a perfect example. Most shopping carts have a check box with fine print about the email newsletters, but some simply throw those addresses into an automation and all messages contain the proper opt-outs needed to be compliant.

• Indeed, I agree it's best to message people in your "Did Not Sign Up" list individually from your personal e-mal address. 

Only add those that signed up to your actual newsletter to your mailing list. 

The spam buttons do hurt, as @webcamstartup stated. 

• thanks for all your comments, will deff take in consideration about the not signed up ones. I got loads of expired ones thou so that all good . 

Sasha , sorry prob being blonde here but hoew do i go about getting a cvs file ?? can't see a link for it on the site 

Thanks 

• angel_long  , just go to 'Promotion'>'Subscribers List' and click on 'Export all list' :) 

• yea but isn't only the people who have added their email added to the newsletter ? I was wondering about the ones that have been members & have expired ? 

thanks 

• angel_long , this is in our' to do' list, not live yet unfortunately 

• wicked thanks for getting back to me