Models.xxx

2»

Comments

• edited May 2016

Hey @Natalie, @SashaGreen, @StanDaMan,

Just throwing around hypotheticals:

Removing the 25% affiliate commission if a model is consistently earning past a certain benchmark would be a great way to incentivize models to work towards that goal. It would also be a great way of rewarding high-performing models.

Removing the 25% after a model has been part of the network for x-years would also be a great way of rewarding model loyalty.

Just two scenarios where everyone can have their cake and eat it too.

• @webcamstartup - Excellent ideas! 

• Agreed with @webcamstatup & @mika wonderful input ideas...

• As models.xxx is a different entity, TBH, I do not see a problem giving referrer commissions to any affiliate raising sales.

& understanding server fees, & the back ground database, the on call staff, it's understandable to give a percentage to MC. It would be nice to see the amount lowered, maybe 15 to 20% to MC, considering the websites are all generic.

• @webcamstartup I'll definitely pass these over for discussion.

We often talk about incentives and ways to treat those who use the platform, so this would be a good thing to consider. 

• @Mika God yes! (Re "The other thing is Models.xxx isn't quite fully functioning. Meaning, it doesn't seem like it's doing much as of yet. Part of the reason for this conversation is to talk about all of this before it finally gets the love and attention it deserves, haha.") - pushing for allocatoin of resources to it now. It's time we did move with it. I want them to complete the store function, and PPM live shows though - it's been requested so often, then carve out more time for the resource.

Re the earlier post -

1) Billing is a shared expense for all involved.

2) For more examples (I just googled up the next best ones) here's purely solo sites in affiliate networks: http://solorevenue.com/ (50% of joins and rebills lifetime),  and http://www.pubacash.com/ (up to 60%/lifetime).

3) Quality of affiliates is also important, and we can and wanted to implement vetting of some sort by the models, but it actually would become more pain than you'd think - very VERY few models will actually do this, and it will end up hindering promotion even further. We can, manually, remove the ability to promote you for certain affiliates, and this has been done before, however - most go with the "a sale is a sale" and that's what the prevalent reaction seems to be to any promotion scheme. It is also true that getting traffic to convert isn't so easy these days, when everything can be found on free sites. Hence, affiliates are generally cherished regardless of their schemes as long as they can deliver sales. Not the best choice and I don't support this it is just the tendency.

@Webcamstartup "Thank you" page is not really a matter of consideration, only prioritization. We've had it in the to do for a while, and it's not under question.

• @Natalie I 2nd the store functionality being priority. I too have been hit with the question; "Is there a ModelCentro alternative where I can sell individual videos or other store items?". It's either CamModelStore or integrating e-commere and adult-friendly payment processing into a CMS, which neither of those options is 'free' and self-hosted CMS isn't exactly turnkey.

• edited May 2016

Absolutely, the store thing is huge. It's a question I'm asked a lot as well and it is seen in a lot of model forums. :) Looking forward to it! 

• I agree with @Mika, because I haven't had traffic yet, anybody joining, I added many content like videos and pics, but I have to find and work for traffic and MC earn 50% if someone joins? We do all the work and we have to give them 50%? I thought they will get traffic for us, but I see we have to do this work, so what is the difference? I am thinking MC don't help us, I am working here for nothing.

• @claudiasmith - I understand. In all honesty, ModelCentro really only works best if you're an established, experienced clip maker and/or cam girl and are looking for a host for your membership site for your already established fanbase. At this time, in my opinion, ModelCentro is horrible for new models that do not have an established fanbase. ModelCentro does nothing to get you traffic. Like, at all. Literally. Nothing. They offer you a few affiliates but, from my experience, many of the affiliates are not quality (the password hack ones, for example). Even if you opt into Models.xxx and agree to forefit another 25% of the sale from it, they aren't doing much with it and not much traffic can be expected of it, as of yet.

The best thing to do is to keep camming and/or keep making clips. Advertise like crazy with that with the sites that allow you to. Only after you have an established fan base, does it make sense (in my opinion) to use ModelCentro for your membership site.  

• @claudiasmith@Mika ;You gotta remember that MC never did offer traffic as a service. ModelCentro is a technical platform that makes running and managing a website for fans a piece of cake. That is its initial purpose and goal. We do give you tools to set up your own marketing, but we do not market your product.

Addressing the requests of models, we're working on external projects to help you bring in traffic. However, these are additional features and not what the platform is made for. To be a successful website owner, you will need to master marketing and advertising, or outsource it to affiliates and/or professionals. 

• @natalie - Completely agree! It's just that many newer models are used to traffic being provided because clip sites and cam sites do this. It can certainly come as a shock to make the MC website only to then realize you're on your own for traffic because why is no one joining, haha. It goes along with what I said in my previous post that ModelCentro seems to only work best when the model has an established fan base combined with excellent marketing skills (via social media and such) with which to continually market the site. 

• @Mika, yes well, this means we should underline it more I guess in our message - we are not like a cam or clip site. We are a platform that lets models run their websites easily. I try to make sure this is clearly stated on our promo site and via our marketing, and hopefully it does get across. I do believe the models, even new models, could do well with a website powered by ModelCentro - but that will require learning how to do marketing, since content and marketing is up to the model. We will provide with tools to help you - from social media integrations to affiliate tracking software, and currently and potentially offering a few options of additional traffic sources generated in-house, like what we plan for models.xxx, but latter at a revshare upcharge, since we can not viably include this in our cost of service.

• @natalie - Agreed. I do think all models, even new ones, could do well but it's more likely that the models doing well on ModelCentro have an established fan base. 

• @Mika, it is certainly easier once you've done the work of creating a brand name for yourself to achieve more sales.

• Is there a way of choosing which picture is used as our models.xxx header pic? Let's just say my header pic isn't the most flattering lol

• busty_von_tease, the system takes the avatar from your admin, to change it just go to 'My Site'>'My Profile">'Website avatar' 

• @sashagreen the profile pic is fine, it's the header pic that I'd like to change

• busty_von_tease , please send a request to support at modelcentro.com. There's definitely a way to change this image, but, I believe, our techs need to do this manually 

• Could models.xxx please follow me on twitter so I can DM them about promotion ? I am not allowed to DM accounts that aren't following me.

@JuliaLennon69

Thanks 

• Julialennon69, sure, I'll ask them :)

• hows the advertising to bring traffic to us, on modelsxxx? i mean, is it up already for sign up? ty

• Hi @Sylvy! You can request promotion by Models.xxx in "Promotion" (top menu) and then "Promotion offers" in the left submenu.

• Thank you @Mika and @Natalie! I thought the site were going to bring me traffic, and if I have my fans established, Why do I need this site? I only want to get more traffic to my webcams shows! (Streamate, Skyprivate, both are affiliates and get no traffic, and Cammodeldirectory). I thought the affiliates help for that but I see I am wrong... Thanks for the answer.