Opportunity For Models To Target Webmasters

So, I'm taking some time to put in some work on a sub-niche site I've made for camming webmasters and affiliate marketers.

One piece of content that I'm working on right now is a list of amateur model sites with affiliate programs. My thought is that I could make an entire section (I'll go ahead and create a dummy table right now) for ModelCentro models. Hell, I went ahead and threw something up so you can get a better idea of what I'm talking about.

So you got the simple directory-style page listing any models that want to opt-in. I'm not about to just go and scrape the entire page MC affiliates have, as I would also want the mdoels to submit some additional information that will be used for another detailed blog post about you, what type of content you've got on the site, what promotional material you offer to affiliates, where to find it and so on.

When all the content on that page is comprehensive enough, I can also add those tables directly to the camming affiliate program directory page as well, which actually gets traffic. Don't want to do that until I can make it look like they're complete sections though.

I only want to list models that make promotional material available to affiliates, which is very important anyway, as if you don't offer promotional content, the only type of affiliates that are going to be effective are those that are running directory / link-list style sites. In the descriptive page, I want to include instructions on how to access and/or request the promotional material, as it's important.

I'll also go ahead and add ModelCentro to the list of networks I've got at the top, and hopefully that can attract some quality webmasters as well. Let me know if you plan on including a webmaster referral program when you release all that crazy new affiliate stuff you've got in the skunkworks. (CC @Guido on that point and the rest of this as well)

As for what the detailed information page should look like, that's where I'm really receptive and open to everyone's two cents. Obviously;

• General information on the model, the site, the fetishes and type of content, ect.
  • Information on the affiliate program (percentage, ect)
  • Promotional content and how to access it
  • Call-to-action and link to the affiliate program
  • My in-house footer section with a link to where to access more amateur model affiliate programs

I'd want a SFW photo of the model, preferably landscape and big enough to fill the entire content area of the blog post.

I'd also include a link to the main MC site, so you'll get two backlinks, one root and one deep-link that will help slightly with the SEO of your site. Just another perk.

For those that haven't worked with me, my MO is throwing shit against the wall and seeing what sticks. I'm not the most organized person when it comes to stuff like this......So.......This is me throwing shit against the wall and seeing what happens. Because of that, I'd really love to hear feedback for the idea and if there's any interest.

Thanks.

Comments

• By the way, talking with affiliates in the adult / camming niche, the biggest complaint about camming affiliate programs is that they don't give webmasters content to build up niche sites. That makes it very hard to promote the programs. I'm really trying to put some content out that lists the sites / networks that do provide promotional content.

So, MC could be the major solution to the biggest issue affiliates in this niche are facing.

Food for thought.

• @Webcamstartup I can cenrtenly tell you that you will soon be able to fill that page with all info you need...

It's in our plans to allow models to create their own promo tools directly from the admin. In the new upcoming Affiliate Program webmasters will be able to filter models sites based on category, niche, or promo tool available (still an ongoing discussion) and get all they need to start promoting. 

We are thinking about a webmaster referral program, but it's not a priority for now but definetly something we will consider down the road.

As for affiliates that promote cams, based on my experience, the ones that are really successful do not really look for content but mainly for good cutting-edge tools. Videos do not sell that 1o1 live interaction that cam users really look for. Just a question of targeting the right audience with the right tool. My 2 cents

• Getting the traffic is the tough part. That's where promotional content to build niche sites is really important. That ModelsFan dude on these forums is the one person who really managed to make the MC affiliate program work right, in my opinion. He actually did a really good job on his site. Great use of the WP platform, too.

Keep me in the loop with the webmaster referral and if that happens. I've got some great webmaster traffic. Down to give MC as much quality webmasters as possible just the same. Anything I can do to make MC more profitable indirectly effects my bottom-line through the model referral program, but it would be insanely awesome to monetize webmaster traffic as well.

Can't wait to see what you guys release with the new affiliate platform / tools.

In the interim.....

Any models interested?

• I am insterested, but since all i read doest make any sense to me as i dont get ay of these promo stuff, i would need an explanation like u were drawing for a kid ok? lol

• @sylvy @busty_von_tease Shoot an email to info@webcamstartup.com and we'll start getting content up.

Basically, creating a page that describes your site, content, the affiliate program, ect. and add it to the directory table.

I honestly don't even know exactly what I want included. I'm kind of in the "throw shit against the wall and see what sticks" phase right now.

• I'm interested in this and currently working on making more promo content, I have some photos and banners and now making some preview videos for affiliates to use. My site is very different than most solo model sites since it's a fetish site, wamerotica.net. Let me know if you'd like to include my site on this project. 

• @leila shoot an email to info@webcamstartup.com

• QueenSylvySinclairbusty_von_tease -

I'm pretty sure what he means is this:

1. You will create an affiliate package. This will be having x amount of different sized banners, x amount of pictures, x amount of videos, sample text to describe you, your different niches and anything else that you think would be great to promote yourself. You will also include what the reward is for being an affiliate. Meaning, what % will they get of the sale they would make. 

2. Then, you will create a page that states what promotional items that you have in your affiliate program. This way, users that want to be your affiliate will know that they will have plenty of content to work with and that you fit whatever website they have with which to promote you. If you fit what they are looking for, they will sign up.

3. @WebcamStartup would be your first affiliate. He would sign up on the affiliate page you just made and then list it on his website directory here: http://cammingwebmasters.com/amateur-model-affiliate-programs/ -  this is how he would promote you. Then, when other affiliates see your link from webcamstartups page and sign up, you would get a % of the sale, webcamstartup would get a % of the sale, and modelcentro would get a % of the sale. 

I hope this helps and makes sense! I know affiliate stuff can be confusing ^_^

• @Mika,

Sort of got it. I've got some domain for the camming / amateur niche, but have no plans on building them out until I've got my own studio implemented, mainly to give preferential treatment to my models. So yes, I will be promoting MC affiliate programs in the future, but no immediate plans.

I also won't be getting a percentage of affiliate earnings. There is the advantage of upsell / cross-sell on other affiliate programs that do have webmaster referral programs, which is basically the only way I'd be monetizing it. There's also the agenda of providing value for MC models, which anything I can do to make MC a more valuable platform, benefits me as well. If I'm promoting affiliate programs for models I've referred to MC, there's an even more apparent benefit for me.

Outside of that, you're 100% correct.

• @Webcamstartup -

Thanks for the clarification! I saw that you promote ModelCentro on your website with your affiliate link so I just assumed you would be doing the same for the models that you list on your website. Indeed, as a ModelCentro affiliate, the better MC is, the better off you are as well. 

If I understand you correctly, you won't be getting a % of the affiliate commission from listing the models on your website. Rather, you will be upselling or cross-selling the cost of the model's affiliate program to others? Indeed, that is still monetizing it. 

Your entire website is affiliate links with some basic information and news. This honestly makes me a little surprised you are also starting a studio? Studios do take a % from a model's earnings. Forgive me being so direct but I'm not sure what your qualifications are to be a model coach, so to speak. Your realm of expertise seems to be limited to affiliate marketing. Although that skillset is very useful to models, there is certainly a lot more to camming and/or filming clips than the marketing and affiliate side of things.

Thanks for your response and, again, best of luck! :)

• edited May 2016

@Mika You're right and wrong about the studio percentage. I'm currently negotiating 100% payouts with networks. Studio cuts would come out of the networks earnings and not the models. It's not unheard of. EnticeLive has that sort of agreement with ImLive. I have the single biggest bargaining chip for that too. I can and will give preferential treatment to my partners on my resource sites.

As for qualifications, I've been a B2B solution-provider my entire professional life. Main verticals being the non-profit sector, government, political (committees to elect ranging from municipal to US senate) but I've worked across EVERY vertical. Quite literally, EVERY vertical. I know business and the camming industry is severely lacking on the B2B side of things. It's why I've been so successful and why I will be able to negotiate exclusive arrangements like 100% model payouts. It's also why I've got rapport with many of the industry decision-makers. Being able to leverage that clout will directly benefit my models.

I've also got some unprecedented insight into some of the issues models face and what value studios can provide outside of consultation. That's why I'm planning on offering services such as wishlist item forwarding, DMCA monitoring and takedowns, consolidated payments across all the networks with more dynamic cashout methods, and many more features.

I will not be preying off new models. I want to be able to approach established models, AVN-caliber starlets, and so on. And I will continue to innovate until I'm able to offer that level of value.

I know how to hedge all investments and actions, and believe me, everything is 100% hedged. I could fail epically and I'd still win. But I ain't failing.

Then lets not forget that I've got control of model leads. I'm generating hundreds of leads per day. Not free signups, verified models. Hundreds per day. It's the reason the industry is trying to buy me out.

You're also both right and wrong with the affiliate links. I've got plenty of exclusive arrangements negotiated. Once again, this shows that I can bring industry decision-makers to the table, and this will directly benefit my models.

Really, my main qualifications are on the B2B side of things, plus knowledge of business in general.

• Hell, GEICO recently tried courting me for a consulting gig on postage optimization for their entire operation. I turned them down because I don't work for people, or on behalf of people, anymore. Doesn't matter how much money is put on the table.

Without bragging, just to give you some idea of my resume and the caliber of clients I've worked with. Believe me, my resume is solid. Skill-sets that can transition from vertical to vertical, too.

• @webcamstartup - Thanks for the clarification. I'm happy to hear that the percentage would not be coming out of the model's paycheck. I'm also happy to hear that you will do more than consultation for the models that join your future studio. I'm sure you're aware that there are different companies that provide the individual services you listed but certainly having that "all-in-one" would be convienent. 

I realize that you have good SEO and probably are flooded with a lot of questions from new models that gives you some insight. Despite this and your background, I still stand by my stance that unless you were a cam model yourself, there are just some things that you will not understand ever. Having not been a successful cam model yourself ensures that a large part of your advice to models may be flawed. In fact, as a successful cam model myself, some of the items on your website make me cringe a little bit but I suppose it's a matter of opinion. I only say this because you stated you wanted to be able to approach established models and I dare put myself in that category.

If I may, some suggestions:

(1) Your qualifications are not explicity stated anywhere nor is it clear how these qualifications make you qualified in cam land. For example, I'm not sure how GEICO approaching you is relevant. It would be nice to have this more clear so you could be taken more seriously by more established models. Within 10 seconds of looking at your site, I assumed you to be another greedy male, attempting to take advantage of models. Only after this discussion did I start to change my mind.

(2) I'd highly advise you to team up with a very experienced, successful female webcam model that could make up for your lack of not being a cam girl, nor a successful one at that. This way your studio would be fully able to give good consultation.

I don't mean to tell you what to do or how to run your business and I hope that my comments are seen as constructive critism and not as an attack. It is just my opinion after seeing some of your posts and your website. Like you, I have a passion for the industry and I wish you well! I also help that this helps :)

All the best!

• @Mika I got into the industry after a Streamate model hollered at me about web development and SEO. Talked extensively with her about the industry and that's where I realized there is a lot of potential for the B2B side of things, which honestly the industry is lacking. Like all my projects, I tossed shit against the wall to see if anything sticks. Needless to say, there was tons of traction.

I do have partners. @DirtyLittleHolly here on the forums. There's also some factors in South America and Asia that I'm collaborating with on porting the entire project overseas, arrangements and everything. I do understand the need to have model experience and namepower on the project, but it's not just that. Holly is an insanely smart and savvy individual. I feel privileged to have her on my team. I also have a network of models that I commonly bounce questions and thoughts off of. Many of them I will be offering salaries to in the future. The reason that isn't a reality today is because all my money is currently subsidizing some other projects. Once that's complete, I'll have the monetary means to be able to do that.

I welcome any feedback on any of my projects, especially criticism. I'll be the first to admit that a lot of my content is aggregated from other sources, and not 1st hand experience. But if I never built it, we wouldn't be having this conversation today.

GEICO is just name-dropping a potential client that you've all heard of. It's a testimonial of my ability to navigate the professional landscape and what kind of rapport I've got in other industry verticals. That degree of competence does transfer vertical to vertical, even to cam land.

And at the risk of sounding arrogant, I don't have good SEO. I've got GREAT SEO. It's the reason I've got so many companies you've heard of trying to buy me out.

I actually appreciate all you feedback. I normally try not to flex my qualifications and accomplishments. I don't like coming off arrogant, but it's always great to get sweated on issues. It keeps you sharp and on your toes. Complacency is a bitch.

I also welcome any suggestions on how the studio could provide more value to models. Everything I got in production is based off feedback from established models, mixed with solutions to issues I've seen with models trying to enter the industry.

Like I said, I want to be able to provide value to where I should be able to approach any established model or AVN-caliber starlets. Hell, I want to be able to sell YOU on a studio agreement, and I do have it setup to where models can do it as a hybrid independent / studio model. No shady language in the model agreements, and no-compete provisions on pricing for services. For example; for content sales, the prices will be higher on the studio accounts which will keep the models independent ventures more competitive while resulting in a greater dollar amount per sale for any sales the studio can generate.

I plan on enabling people, not the opposite.

You planning on hitting any of the industry events? I'll be in Vegas for the Adult Webcam Awards / Conference. That's the only one to my knowledge that isn't in spring / summer. The rivers are running right now, rafting is my major passion, and I will never compromise the boating season for work or money.

Would love to talk more about this in person, and in all honesty, there's a lot of cards I'm holding really close because there are prying eyes and there are people scheming on what I've got going on. It's cute, really. I love competition. But I do have some things in the proof-of-concept phase that could easily be compromised by the multi-million dollar war chests that a lot of entities are working with.

I also have some great rapport in Vegas. Great rapport. Not gonna drop names, I don't like coming off arrogant, but I can get mad shit comped in that city.

• edited May 2016

And if you don't think the entire industry is lurking on all the forums (MC included) I could forward emails that demonstrate it. Won't do it out of respect for the decision-makers and keeping our convos private, but they're all lurking. I got some that are following me religiously, too. It's cute. I love all the people conspiring against me. Keeps me sharp.

• @webcamstartup - Okay then, haha. I'll revise my constructive critism to how your website and social media sites come across. As I stated, when browsing your website and social media accounts, you come across as just another random guy taking advantage of models. Your entire site is, as you stated, not from personal experience and has pretty generic information, some of which I don't find accurate, and it's just a fest of affiliate links and ads. If we never had this conversation, the above would be my opinion about you. However, after having this conversation, it seems you do have some good qualifications, a lovely cam girl partner and do have a model's best interest at heart. My only advice is that this shuold be more clearly communicated throughout your website and social media so such an impression cannot be made. As an experienced model, this is what my perception of you was prior to this conversation. I hope this helps!

As for the conventions, I don't go to the Adult Webcam Awards. However, I can drop you an e-mail. 

All the best!

• @Mika info@webcamstartup.com

Feel free to holler at me any time. Name's Nate, by the way.

If you ever want to contribute, I am starting to source writing and we can talk compensation. I would really be interested to hear what you feel is inaccurate as well. I've also been able to hook girls up with B2B gigs within the industry as well. It seems like the industry believes I've got a team of camgirl writers and they try tapping into it. The industry faces the same issues that I face, when it comes to not having 1st-hand experience.

I've also got a bunch of other projects in the skunkworks (like I said, holding my cards close while in proof-of-concept phase) and there will be opportunities in the future. You seem like a competent person. I'm actually going through your web properties and vetting you right now. By the way, you've got some broken images on your Wix site and should really consider transitioning to WordPress. View the source code of your Wix site and you'll see why.

I get a lot of inquiries about performing without nudity and don't have much content on it. Definitely nothing 1st hand, as we've established ;) Let me know what you'd want for some generic informational content on that.

• @webcamstartup - Great, I'll reach out to you via e-mail.

My website, hahaha! Yeah, it was created by one of my slaves (as you probably saw, I do female domination). I am actually in the works of re-creating it via WordPress myself but it's been on the back burner because of camming, filming clips, membership site content, etc. As you know, the work never ends :P I didn't see any broken images, though. 

I have always been a non-nude model, even before I started female domination, so that is certainly one of my areas of expertise. 

I'll look forward to speaking, soon!

P.S. Sorry, not sorry, for derailing the thread! LOL! :P

• @Mika hmmm...Maybe my browser was acting up or maybe Wix just had a slight hiccup with echoing the image files. 

it's all good. I love being sweated. You actually got me to reveal my hand, too. Normally I like to impress while only revealing the tip of the iceberg. It's always better to keep your cards hidden.

If you've got any WP-related questions, feel free to shoot them my way. I love that CMS and know a couple hacks, especially SEO hacks. Only place I'm not savvy is with graphic design. I am sure as shit not a graphic designer.

What Turns Me On

Intelligent men that can outwit me. Pretty much the opposite of a submissive man, haha. That is why it is so easy for me to put you in your place and take complete control ^_~

You can definitely hold your own. Doubt you get outwitted much.

• edited July 2017

Talking of derailing your post. You two are the kind of "monkeys" i like. (refers to something i posted in answer of a resent argument on another post. Not an offence! ) 

Trowing shit against the wall and seeing what sticks, im 4 months old and its pretty much what i have been doing so far. Still have allot of shit to trow until im successful.

As for realizing our princesses passion, there hasnt been a human who can dominate me, neither emotionally nor intellectually. Its not a challenge, im not hitting on you. I still want to learn the ropes, tricks and hacks of this whole amazing new world i just recently plunged into.

Very interesting conversation.

• Is this still a thing?