1 Month Memberships

Hi there  

Know it has already been mentioned, but thought i'd see where it lies now ? I have had a few people email me back inregards to why they didn't sign up when they made an account . Quite a few came back with " I don't want to be in a monthly recyurring " they wanted to have the opion to sign up for one month & thats all . 

so thought i'd just ask 

;-) 

Comments

• edited April 2016
    Hey there Angel!

As the moderator of your site you can actually create memberships for people. That means anyone who doesn't want to sign up for a reoccuring membership can tip you however much you're asking, and then you can go to your dashboard and set them up with a membership for 1 month or however long.

Dashboard > scroll down to "Fans List" > Click "Add New Fan"

You can then assign them a username and temporary password (I would suggest asking them what they want the username to be and reminding them to change the password as soon as they log in)

You can also state how long the membership period should be and when it should begin.

A third option, of course would be for them to sign up and cancel their membership right away. That way they don't have to remember to unsubscribe later in the month and they don't have to worry about being rebilled. Of course, they will still have access to your content until the period of time they have paid for is up.

I hope that helps!
    xoxo, Ayla
  • Hi babes , 

Thanks for answering the above post. I understand every thing you are saying & of course all this is an option, ( I have set up users before when i migrated my original site to Model centro & Had to add all my old members . ) I was just wondering if they had any more thought to have 1 month sign ups . 

Have a nice weekend Ayla & any one else that reads this 

;-) x

• Hi @angel_long  , thanks again for reminding us about it. It’s a fairly small thing to do, and I think it seeped through the cracks and got pushed out of the way with bigger tasks. I’ve added it to the next backlog meeting agenda, scheduled for Friday. We’ll know a bit more about when it can be scheduled to and taken care of shortly. I know it’s not exactly the same thing, but you could potentially, for those you know, give them access via a tip? So, he’d tip x amount and you’d then send the access to for 30 days to his email via “My Fans” - “Add new fan”. I’ll post in this thread after the task is brought up to discussion and weighted against the dev team’s schedule.

• I am definitely looking forward to this option! Even if there is a work around, people are more than likely just not going to join without messaging you about why in order to get the work around. Having the option to join for one month only will be nice. 

• @angel_long ;you know a simple hack around it, until we introduce a non-recurring option is having the member just cancel recurring right after signup. You can adivse them that they can do that if they prefer.. this way they can always extend a membership (for example they can see you have a scheduled event they would want to see) or an update that is coming in the future.

Billing is always transparent, and it's easy to manage their membership in ModelCentro powered sites.