Back to Basics: How to grow your follower base

I have spoken extensively on how to increase you reach, increase clicks and engagement.  But lets take a look at some basic techniques on how to improve your follower count. 

1. Tweeting with relevant hashtags.  Integrate hashtags into your tweets, especially photo tweets. If you are an #amateurgirl then use the hashtag. If you are posting pictures of your feet then try #footfetish or #footfriday.  Hashtags will help people find you. 

2. Find people through hashtags. Those same hashtags that are relevant to you, click on them and you will find other people tweeting and engaging with the hashtag.  Go talk to those people, retweet some of their stuff. Engaging with people usually encourages them to follow you.

3. Favoriting for follows. Find a hashtag you like, or a twitter account with followers you want, and start favoriting the tweets of those people. Try favoriting 25 a day. I know it seems like a lot but if you only get a 5% follow back that is only 1.25 followers per day.  Hopefully you will get a higher follow back rate, but 5% is pretty standard for following after favoriting. The nice thing about this method is it does not require much work and it does get results.

4. Follow people.  Find a hashtag or followers you want, and start following people. Try 10 a day. Then periodically go through and unfollow the ones that did not follow back. Make sure you give them some time to follow you. Some people only login ever few days. This is the most effective way to build your followers. 

Building followers will help improve all of your stats. The more followers you have the more you tend to get. It is a bit like a snowball affect. 

Tagged:

Comments

• How much is ideal? A friend mentioned w 5000 you can notice an effect when a girl posts content sales, etc ... and 1000 before you can start people to react ...

at this moment i have 1880 ...

• i cheated, i used tweepi to follow followers from someone else, until a few weeks ago you could follow up to 1000 per day, from those about 200 or 300 will follow u back and u have to wait 3 days to unfollow ...  now the limit of follows per day is 250 ...

• @7Veils, have you ever played around with lists? Have you found an effective way that the camming / amateur models can effectively use lists?

• I just posted a video about it :)

I love lists. I use them a lot. I think they are a great way to create a timeline of relevant information for yourself. You can also use them to watch your competition, or monitor hashtags. 

• Seen that. Still have to watch the video, but I'll do that right now.

Know I made a post or comment about it somewhere on this site, but just throwing it out there that Twitter competitions work awesome for the whole viral effect. I made a post on how camgirls can easily run Twitter competitions and it includes a link to a free tool to easily make it happen!