Financial Counters

Is there a way we can see our referral income in our counters? can that be turned on or is that not avaliable 

Comments

• edited October 2015

Seconded. It's been a work in progress, and the last ETA I got on it has passed, some time ago and I'm really just waiting for a Feature Friday (on that note, tomorrow is Friday cool) containing that announcement.

At least we've got the Registered, Verified, Innactive and Active. I've been somewhat benchmarking that and you can somewhat determine a conversion rate and retention rate.

• good to know, I've got about 5 active referrals to my name, it would be nice to know what kind of income (if any) I'm getting from them.

• Out of curiousity, are very many of your verified models taking MC up on the custom domain name? It's the one thing that's got me cringing checking out a lot of mine. Seems like they're really putting due dilligence into everything, but in my opion looks tacky being on the subdomain.

• Hello @Busty_Von_Tease,  this funtionality is not available yet. For now, feel free to contact our account managers via support at modelcentro.com or via live chat and they will provide you with this info

• are there any plans to add this information to the dashboard?

• Acaully You can View that Information in your Promotion Tab and then Hit "Profit & Loss". It will Show you all Referral Sign Ups as Well as the Split and Who your getting the Most Paying Traffic From. If this you what your speaking of

• @cher azur I think they mean the referrals from other models signing up with MC.

• edited October 2015

Cher Azur  @dirtylittleholly

Hey Ladies. We've had major discussions about whether or not to show exact numbers to referrers for each of the models they referred. It's one thing when they're a close friend and you'd tell them anyway, and absolutely another when you join by following a link on an info page from some webmaster who earns by referring to MC... would you want that referrer to know exactly how much you earned? It's a tricky question. When it bundles up to several accounts, it's easier to not know which is which. We have a separate counter doing referral cuts and the payouts get generated separately, which means it might be a while till they reach your payout minimum (which depends on the payout method as always). We are not ones to try and hide from you your income. However, making another model's income easily visible to you is not really something that might be a good idea from our point of view, and the question of how to do it correctly is still under discussion. So, since you brought it up, I wanted to ask - what do you ladies think about it?

• I don't need to know a breakdown of the payments from each referral, I've got 5 referrals and I personally don't care how much I'm making from each "friend", but I think if I'm receiving a payment from these referrals I have every single right to know the total.

On the subject of referrals, I was quite surprised and a little disappointed to learn exactly how much we earn from referrals, its only 10% of the modelcentro 10%, which works out as only 2.5% of the model's payouts, and only pays out when it reaches $100.

The way things are set up right now almost feels like modelcentro doesn't want us to know how much we are earning from this, which doesn't feel fair considering how hard some of us have been spreading the message of modelcentro around the adult community.

Just my personal opinion 

• @Busty_Von_Tease I agree that it's pretty complex this way, but please trust me that we don't do it to confuse anyone and certainly not to hide things from you. The payout system is being re-worked to include payouts for referrals into your regular payouts and have them add up, and we can manually generate the payout for referral before it reaches minimum if such urgent need arises. We already sent quite a few referral bonuses, so they actually are being paid out, ask @Sam

As to showing the total, the only reason it's not there yet is simply because it requires development to display it there, and it hasn't been prioritized high enough to be done in an urgent way. I will see what can be done to hurry that adjustment. So far, if anyone had questions about what they were making with referrals, we simply pulled the info from our DB and sent it via email, which I know isn't too handy, but at least we're open in showing that we have it on file and it's being calculated.

As to payout % for referrals - we always said it was 10% of MC's share, and although slight at first glance, it's a lifetime bonus, meaning that you'll be getting it for as long as the models you referred keep running their websites and making sales. We couldn't afford to give 10% of the total simply because that makes an account not profitable for MC to run. We cover all expenses associated with both maintaining the sites and developing the platform, hence it just doesn't add up to anywhere near profit if 10% is taken by billing, 67.5% paid out to the model, and then from MC's 22.5% we give 10% to the referrer. We're on a very slight margin already, and we were firm on our decision to not take away from the model's % when he or she has been referred.

If you would like, I can pull up your current referral bonus counts and let you know what amount you're at right now via email.

Important - the "Active" status of the model on your referred list means that the account is approved and ready to make sales (age verification and identity check passed), "Active" doesn't ensure there are sales on the account.

• If you were to make it a prerequisit that an account must have a certain number of active models in order to see the counter, and don't give a breakdown per model, that would mitigate some of the privacy concerns.

From an affiliate standpoint, seeing which models are earning would give me the opportunity to analyze what works and what doesn't work between the accounts, which can be valuble, but I get where you're coming from with the privacy and disclosure issues.

• Well, as an affiliate you would see your earnings, but those would only be the sales you made for that model, as a referrer we'd have to show total earnings, which is different.

I've posted a task to have the referral bonuses show up in a Total if 3+ models are referred.