Instagram Bans #Goddess

Instagram is a favorite place for photo sharing. However, it is also one that is highly censored and seemingly discriminatory to women.  They have banned #curvy (though had to bring it back due to public outcry, though #thin and #skinny have not been censored), pictures of nipples unless they belong to men, the emoji hashtag eggplant (one of the only ones that target men because it was commonly used as a reference to penis), they have had discrimination issues towards plus sized women, #underwear and #lingerie are banned but #tightywhitey and #boxershorts are not. 

So one tip, before using a hashtag on Instagram, do a search for it to make sure that results are coming up in search and it isn't a blacklisted term.

Also, you can get in on the trend to bring back the goddess hashtag. Just use #bringbackgoddess in Twitter and Instagram. Great way to get into a mainstream conversation that affects all women. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Why in the world would they ban Goddess? wtf? ugh, I'm going to put some effort into that  #bringbackgoddess hashtag!
  • I think it is pretty awful that they banned that term. 
  • All Their Bans have been towards Women included Deleting Accounts for Ass Pics (Even if your Wearing a Thong or Booty Shorts)

They have Removed my Photo due to it being a Ass Pic and They are becoming to Strict
  • this is so hypocritical ..I cannot stand the reasoning behind this. Who runs instagram??
    Men??  Women??