Prevent new sign ups

Hi, My site is a huge failure in terms of sign ups. I've done everything possible to promote it and all I've had is 2 measley trials which have cancelled. But rather than close it down altogether is there a way i can prevent new sign ups and just give free membership to my 'fan club' buyers from mfc?

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Hey @Katie

I'm sure you understand that ModelCentro, however low our share, does need to make some income in order to function and continue development :)

If you still plan to use your website and want to give out free memberships (for members who might sign up for the site directly later, for example), you can always keep the join options - not sure why you'd like to close them down.
    I'm terribly sorry to hear that your site isn't doing very well. The question here is - how much marketing/advertising did you do for it? Did you take a look at some great promotion opportunities that were discussed  here in the community?
    Here are some useful tags to promotion-related threads:

• hey @katie you know it took for us like two months before we got first flow of sign ups. Not only promo matters. Your site must have lots of content. My promouters were sending me thoughsands of visitors but they didnt join. i strted getting joins only when good amount of content were uploaded
  • @katie what is your site url?
  • @Katie. I have a website with many free pages but the "good stuff" is subscription only.It gives the people who don't want to pay, a site to keep visiting which I think keeps them interested. I make it clear that if they want more they need to pay. It's slow but it is beginning to build. 
  • @Katie if you watermark your MFC stream with your domain for MC site, that will give you steady traffic that will build up over time (your videos will get viewed and shared in places other then MFC). Your site is essentially already on hold if you have no signups, so i am not sure why you would prevent your members from joining..

You can re-cycle content and re-schedule updates, if you don't have any active members at the moment, since you don't have any obligations to paying members, and basically 'restart' if you wish to save some effort with the content, and make your site look like it's updating regularly.
  • Great tips Stan, thank you, I will definitely try the recycling content. I just find MC incredibly hard work for absolutely nothing back in return compared to other sites. I did realise after I posted how bad it sounds, basically wanting to use MC services and not even give you your %, sorry I wasn't even thinking it through properly! I use my main website url as a watermark everywhere rather than the MC one, that way everything points to the same thing. I only wanted MC as a a sort of 'add on' private members area. For now anyway I've removed the option for trials and 1 month sign up. Any 3/6/ 12 month signups will be a bonus and I'll probably faint!