scheduling upload tweets

HI there , 

Was wondering whether it was in the pipe line to be able to customise the messages that get schooled to go up about our content uploads . At the present it's just a generic one ( I know we can change the generic one ) but it would be good if we could write a bit about the upload instead of just a video went live . 

It would be good if on the video content page were u feel out all the details about the upload we had another box which we could write the tweet/fb post in so went it went live & that message goes out it tells the punter what its all about as it might capture their mind & they might go I want to see what that is about . 

Just a thought 

Thanks 

Angel 

Comments

• Hi @angel_long, in case you choose 'Ask me' option  in Content Sharing settings (Settings>Twitter>Set up Events>Ask me), each time you publish new video or photoset, the system will ask you whether you want to share news about your update to social networks or no and give you an ability to customize the text:
  • But would this work if I'm scheduling for while I'm away ? so I got 6 uploads going out while I'm away . ;-) 
  • @angel_long yep, that's how it works. When you schedule the video release, in case the setting is "Ask me", it will tweet out the custom tweets when the videos are published.
  • ha ha brilliant , never thought to try it like that . Thanks & sorry for taking up your time of an obvious answer 

;-)
  • OMG I'm such a dick .... just done it ...... thanks you for being a great web company ha ha ;-)
  • Don't think it put the whole tweet out that i wrote. I will test it out for you as I have another one going live on Friday as I don't have the tweet saved this time . 

Let you guys know on Friday ;-) 
  • @angel_long I suppose it should have showed a warning if the tweet got too long and it didn't? Going to check with you on Friday about this.

P.S. thanks for being such an awesome person to work with! :)
  • @Natalie it did show a warning , as it said how many symbols you had left, so I didn't go past that number . but it doesn't take in to consideration that @modelcentro also gets put in the tweet & a picture takes up more characters. but even thou those things got added think it should allow a few more thou. will let you know what happens on Friday . 

;-) 
  • okies and thanks for being our best QA ;)