Branding your stream is allowed on some cam sites - use it for promotion.

We are always searching for additional ways to increase traffic to your ModelCentro-based websites. This thread will be useful for those of you who cam on websites that allow promotion of external services like MyFreeCams and KinkLive.

So, here is the tip: every time you are on cam, watermark your stream with your MC website URL. 

This way your live show members will get to know you are not only doing cams, but there is a place where they can find your exclusive and most intimate content, write you a message, read your blog, etc. 

There are lots of software options when it comes to stream watermarking. Some of them are free, some cost some money.

We’ve already found the program that is free and very easy to use – it’s SplitCam . You can download it here: http://splitcamera.com/download.html

Once the program is installed, all you need to do is click on ‘Effects’ – ‘Text’ and type in URL of your website (Don’t forget to mark ‘Enable text’)

After that, each time before broadcasting, launch this program – a watermark will appear on your stream automatically. 

Please make sure your webcam site allows promotion of external services so you’re not banned.

Latest SplitCam versions are available for download here.

Comments

• Great article, thx Sasha!
  • I know MFC and CamGod allow this.

Chaturbate in theory allow website promotion but your site must have no mention of any other camsite or clip site. They do allow Twitter promotion though.
  • edited July 2015
    @Rebecca, you are right, I have contacted Chatrubate support and unfortunately they don't allow models to promote their websites
  • they dont?  ah bad news for me - i used to have cycled message in chat room "dont forget to visit jenysmith.net"
  • This is only for PC, it won't set it up as I have the wrong operating system? Anything to use for a MAC? Is this something to use when I do MC public webcams, or it is only when I use the Streamate external show actually which I no longer use? Thanks Tanya :) 
  • @Jeny, here is their message: 'Unfortunately, you are unable to promote any external services in your bio or profile. Doing so may result in your account being banned.'

@Tanya, we recommend adding MC site URL to your stream if you are doing cams on external cam sites, such as MyFreeCams, KinkLive. Don't think Streamate allows to promote your site this way.

This program works for MAC - https://manycam.com/ . 
  • Tanya Tate I don't think SM will let you brand your stream - they are one of the companies that don't allow promotion. However you are free to promote your "Join My Site" button on the cammodels profile, if you have allowed promotion.

I would also recommend considering branding your stream for MC internal shows too - in case someone records it off the screen - it'll still have the url.