New baby website. Is it ready?

Hi all, my website is currently down as I am TRYING to make it look better, and more in keeping with the new mfc and manyvids accounts i have just opened.This paysite is going to be an add on to my main website, accessed via a pop up for members who wish to join. It will also be a free perk prize for my high tippers on cam. So far I only have 10 videos and 2 pic sets. I plan to upload at least 1 vid, probably 2 a week, and a new photoset per week. There will be a cam show (more of a hang out and chat than anything explict) as well. I am also thinking of offering kik but not sure if that would be overkill?

Please have a look at my modelcentro site and tell me what you think http://katieeversofficial.com/ Is it ready to launch? I am so hesitant to price myself higher than most, especially since i don't have much content, however as a UK girl I lose out on the dollar so need to make up for it somewhere

Thanks in advance for any critique and/ or general tips x

Comments

• Hi Katie and welcome!

The website looks good so far.

The only thing that should be changed is the default image on the Events Calendar page - http://katieeversofficial.com/activity.

Change it through The MC Editor ( 'My Site'>'Design'>'Pages') and go ahead launch the site! :) 
  • I like how it's looking so far, Katie. One think I'd think about is - texts. When you write a welcome message or a tip me page text, think of ways to make that unique and personal as opposed to general and one-size-fits-all. It's the personal things that draw people in - the direct communication. I.e. I see default texts here and there on your site and that kinda turns me down (I suppose I know they're default, so it's not entirely bad, but I just don't feel drawn in and interested by them). I always recommend coming up with a good "story" and "persona" and developing that into the website's theme. These work way better than just a "here I am" site.
  • Hi I think there's something wrong with the editor. I edited my home page earlier and had exactly what I wanted on there. Now it's all gone and the generic text is back, but I can't edit it!! How can I get back to the paragraph I had with links? Thanks
  • Hey Katie. I'll check it out. Please open a ticket by emailing support@modelcentro.com with details - which browser you used, what OS, steps to reproduce the bug (what you did or clicked before the malfunction happened).
  • Looks like the text wasn't saved. Did you change skins by chance?
  • I just modified the site as it's been open a full day now and 0 sign ups :( I also added a trial option. What do you think?
  • Be patient, people don`t sign-up the first day. They want to be sure it`s worth the money.
    Keep updating at least once a week with high quality videos that are at least 15 minutes long and make sue people can find your site. Use Twitter, Facebook page, Index site`s and things like that.

• Katie it took me a Good Few Months to get Sign Ups. Not yet as many as I'd Like Keep Advertishing. Nice Website tho
  • Also they can Tip you right on Your Website so Link Your Tip Page
  • Thank you lovely people :) I've linked my offline tip page, hope that's ok? Going to work on loads more videos