Periscope and its potential value

Periscope is gathering some steam on Twitter. More people are trying out this live broadcasting tool. It is great as long as you don't share any actual adult content. But, as I discussed before, you can show a lot of behind the scenes that are before and after anything truly adult. This is a great way to bring your audience closer to you.  

But there is a value in Periscope followers that is emerging. Periscope does push notifications on your phone. If you follow someone, and they start a broadcast, you are alerted. This seems pretty normal. The big difference is the only way to turn off notifications is to unfollow someone. This means that you are likely to have fewer Periscope followers than you do on Twitter, but the ones who follow you are REALLY interested in you.  So a periscope follower has the potential to be more valuable than a Twitter follower. 

When you broadcast you can put out a tweet to let people know. They can watch without following you. However, if they don't want to miss a minute of your wonderful broadcast, they should follow you and catch every time you periscope. 

Unfortunately you cannot archive a periscope. But you can have your phone save the video as you are broadcasting and then upload that video to your site and use it in other promotions, like a blog. 
Tagged:

Comments

• I've been using Meerkat, which does allow adult content, although I use it for spontaneous broadcasts when shopping for groceries or playing chess in the pub.

Broadcasts can be archived by request or automatically.