Social Sharing Photos

What would be amazing is if we had the ability to set certain photos for certain things that get published. I don't really know how to say it... 1. If we get a new subscription there should be a way to set a custom photo that gets attached with that auto tweet, if we post a new blog there should be a way to set a photo that get's tweeted, if we get a new re-bill we should be able to set a custom photo, etc. Right now all my site does is auto tweet the same boring photo, I'd love it to have a photo that's integrated with some text that's relevant to the tweet! Better marketing...You can currently set it to "ask me" and I guess you can then manually add a photo each time you post something new but I want to fully automate this so I don't have to manually add photos each time. 2. If someone buys something off our store it would be great to have that auto tweeted as well with a cover photo of whatever was purchased!

Comments

• edited April 2019
    Can be done through open-graph data. Shouldn't be that big of a dev project either. Just a matter of how big of a priority it'd be as far as new feature development goes. MC would have to put some fields and check boxes for OG text and photo. Then just make it so that the indicated text and image is placed in the header.

During the recent medic update by Google, SEOs saw a strong correlation between OG data and ranking increases, so it'd be a smart play SEO-wise, as well.

Hold up, let's check out an MC site real quick and see if there's even OG on the index pages. Yep, got OG on the index pages, so that's good! And OG on the other pages as well, so just need to give control over that to the site owners via form fields and what-not.

Except it seems like the OG is duplicate on all the pages, which isn't good for social shares at all. I only looked at one site and maybe it's just a fluke with that one site, but if not, that's something that MC should really take a look at. Maybe I proof a couple more later.
  • edited April 2019
    I'd definitely second this suggestion, given it shouldn't be that complex and would benefit the social media marketing (and quite possibly SEO) for every MC site owner. If I knew that OG was duplicate on every page, I would have totally made this suggestion personally.
  • I don't use automation for this reason. 
    +1 vote in support 
  • I'd definitely second this suggestion, given it shouldn't be that complex and would benefit the social media marketing (and quite possibly SEO) for every MC site owner. If I knew that OG was duplicate on every page, I would have totally made this suggestion personally.