How to transfer Domain ownership from Model Centro to Me

Model Centro owns the domain name www.missannika.xxx and I want to own it and be able to host my own content on my own servers. The WYSIWG editor is not suitable for my needs in SEO and I don't feel the site is converting as much traffic as it should be. 

Has anyone done this? 

How do I buy / transfer domain ownership to me so that I can use the domain as my main blog / content portal and redirect my XXX traffic to the missannika.modelcentro.com for memberships, instead. 

I still want to use model centro (LOVE IT), I just need more control in design / seo for the domain I have links all over the web for. 

Thoughts? 

Comments

• Have you also purchased the .com version of your domain? The affiliate programs are good for brining in traffic and it would be unfortunate to have to discontinue those.

• Hey AnniKa,

Technically MC does not own any domain names. Domain is always registered to the name of the account holder, so you are the full scale owner.

If you want to transfer your domain to another registrar - we can initiate transfer procedure. You will need to check with your registrar on the XXX transfer procedure, as it can be different for each registrar. 

In any case - it's always best to use live chat feature so guys can address your questions and initiate transfer procedure if required.

PLEASE NOTE: Having your domain transferred to other registrar means that you will need to pay extra for SSL certificate (https:// ). Usually cost around $65 yearly.

• Honestly, I love the ModelCentro interface and want to keep using it. It just makes sense with the costs for credit card billing, domain registration, SSL, and I LOVE how I can promote to Streamate clients and turn my regulars into long term fans. 

AWESOME. 

This is great news and another reminder of why this site rocks! 

Love it! 

I was concerned with the SEO functionality when I posted this, but the recent Feature Friday announcement saying MC is stepping up the SEO game relieved my desire to transfer the domain to GoDaddy. 

MC is stepping up! WOOT!!