Facebook Sharing

Hi. On the social sharing for Facebook, it says on the bottom:

"Please note! Facebook doesn't allow to publish nudity and links to sites containing nudity. Please be careful on publishing covers. All links to your updates will be linked to special non-nude page of your website: sitename.modelcentro.com/social"

But when I try going to my social link, it just comes back with a 404 error page, which does contain nudity because it shows the top banner and my latest videos. Is there a way for me to set this page up, or is it still being worked on?

Comments

• Hi Dirtylittleholly, thanks for reporting the problem to us. The page sitename.modelcentro.com/social is still being worked on, and we will fix the appearing message.
    Meanwhile, if you share your news on Facebook when publishing photoset or video (you will have an option to share it on Facebook or not when you press the "Publish" button), the link on your Facebook profile will lead to "Join page" of your ModelCentro website.
  • I just recently started sharing my website on Facebook, and today I got my account disabled. I only linked to my join or splash page, both which contain no nudity. So watch out ladies. I wouldn't recommend any Facebook sharing unless you're willing to compromise your account. My account was verified and I had it for 2 years, never with any problems until today. Just a heads up.
  • Oh no holly, so sorry to hear. Maybe you can restore it somehow? Did you email them yet?

As far as we have seen FB only checks that the links does not lead to the very first page with nudity, the rest of the site should be ok. However, as we can see sometimes they check the entire site. So far models who post links to their site with nudity after splash were getting away with it, but I suppose there is never a 100% guarantee the ban won't come. I'll ask our social media expert expand on the matter and maybe she could give us advice.
  • There could be a few reasons your account was taken down. It is possible someone reported you as having inappropriate content. I would suggest that you protest the suspension. This can take a few days for them to review the account. If it is still not up, protest again. Especially if it is your first offense, they will likely tell you what you did wrong. When you protest be very humble. Say things like, "I don't know why my page down. If there is anything I am doing wrong, please tell me....blah blah blah"

I would suggest posting a link to your twitter account or tumblr account, instead of directly to your modelcentro site, if that link was the source of your suspension. You can also post pictures that have your URL watermarked on the photo, without directly linking to your website in the body of the post. Though people won't be able to click the link, they will see the URL and can go directly to it.  

When posting anything on FB, make sure you are posting from a page and not a profile. Do not show vaginal mound, lingerie or pretty much anything that is above PG-PG13. PG being the safer option. 
  • Thanks, girls! I actually was able to get my account back after jumping through a few hoops. They didn't give me an exact reason why my account was disabled in the first place. But just told me that sexually explicit content isn't appropriate for FB. I'll be using your tips from now on instead of posting the link to my site.
  • Woot! Good news, Holly! Thanks for letting us know!