free was yesterday (domain)

Where does the development of MC go?

Yesterday I got an email from the support that I should pay my xxx domain 80 $ / year.

I have this since 2015. In 2015 I got an e-mail from Modelcentro: Gift for you. As long as I'm at MC my xxx domain is free. This mail is even in my mailbox.

I was just informed that in 2016 the data protection regulations were changed and the domain costs $ 80.

2016 I got no information and I would have known it before, I would not have taken xxx. It was a gift according to Mail. Gifts can also be called back?

At the same time the support suggested to me, I could convert the domain into a com. Unfortunately, my domain is assigned. This means a complete different domain for my site. Second, I have to change everything. Banner, signum, review at Rabbit Freeones, Affiliates, Google, etc. This makes a lot of work. I do not see any sense in the additional work, compared to the revenue. So MC is history to me.

I will go to the search for a new CMS provider. I do not understand, many sites are now inactive and models that have been used for MC for 2.5 years, are now also distributed.