Kim Kardashian's Butt and How to Capitalize on Trending Topics

Most people are aware that Kim Kardashian flooded the internet with the oiled up pic of her butt.  The internet has been swarming with gif's, parody pics, video's and blogs about the image. One of the greatest elements of her photo and the massive internet trending has been the hashtag #breaktheinternet.  This hashtag created a great opportunity for you to ride the oily Kardashian wave.

Here is an example of fun and playful tweet that is taking advantage of both #breaktheinternet and Kim Kardashian search terms. She is also asking for the retweet and as of this screenshot was retweeted 14 times and favorited 48 times. The only thing she is missing is a link to a gallery of pictures of her bum. But that is not always necessary as a photo/tweet like this is good for getting more followers. 

A trend like this is a great opportunity to create a gallery with some pics that are in that theme. You can share the photos and get some good search ranking by using the trending keywords and hashtags. People who are looking up #breaktheinternet or Kim Kardashian now have the opportunity to find her photo. This is a great opportunity to introduce yourself to people who may not be otherwise search for you. You are able to tap into a new audience. 

The key to something like this is immediacy. You cannot wait. You cannot drag your feet. You need to get on the trend train within a day or two of the trend. Otherwise you will miss the train. 

Comments

• edited November 2014
    Thanks 7veils for this thread! 
    There are so many specific tools for a self- promotion in Twitter. 
    Great to get advice from professionals!
  • lol  yea, breaking the Internet, one butt at a time :) That's really good advice - riding the wave can get one far.
  • Sweet, thanks.  Hope I'm not to late.
  • There are always trending topics, the art is finding them and Riding the wave :) No way to be late for something that's gonna be there as long as the internet will be.

Let's all go viral :) Woot!
  • im trying to get into the social network thing. im not major on tweeting and intsagram unless im drunk lol. in my opinion if you have a good fan base it wont matter how many followers u have or not. i know girls with 50k followers and cant get none of them to sign up to there sight and i know some with 1k and get all the support they can ask for. i guess it all about the girl and what they bring to the table. 

but i will take this advice and tips and use it the best way i can.