Anyone with pirated content want to try a really fun experiment? (and fuck over some pirates?)

Okay, so it's possible to report URLs to pirated content directly to Google and they'll drop it out of their SERPs. Back in 2012, they also announced that number of DMCA complaints against a domain has also been included in their algorithm.

So, I actually want to test this. I want to get a group of models together who all have pirated content on a specific domain. Have them all submit complaints directly to Google all at once, and see if we can't benchmark a couple of things. Primarily;

A ) How long does it take Google to respond to these complaints and drop the URLs from the SERPS

B ) See if we can see a noticeable drop in rankings from the pirate site itself.

Anyone on board and/or know anyone who would be interested? 

Comments

• edited August 2017

I'm down for sure. All models need to finally take on the pirates and the scammers!

• Sweet. Also shooting some emails around, pinned a tweet on Twitter, going to put some blurbs in my next email campaigns and try to drive as much interest as possible. What does everyone think the best way to collaborate is? One huge joint Skype convo? Sounds a little cleaner than everyone CC'ing each other in an email.

Oh, and feel free to spread the word. If this experiment shows highly positive results, we could create a huge anti-piracy global offensive and completely screw over all the pirate traffic without even having to mess with DMCA.

Which would be awesome, as DMCA only provides a positive impact for the model getting the content removed. Getting entire domains blacklisted from Google creates a positive impact for all the models. Also, it's a solution to the issue of foreign sites in countries that don't recognize western intellectual property laws refusing to remove content.

Completely crush their traffic and piracy is no longer profitable.

• I'm interested, my stuff is always floating around certain sites

• Sweet, I guess everyone who's interested shoot an email to info@webcamstartup.com and we'll go from there? Still think creating a joint Skype convo might be easiest, unless someone has a better idea on how to bring everyone into the conversation.

• edited August 2017

Well......Scratch that idea off the board, unless the notice can be submitted on behalf of everyone. Currently matching up some personal FBs to some ManyVid sellers from the names on the takedown notices submitted to Google. Not for any milicious intent, of course, but the fact that I'm able to do it, means anyone would be able to do it.

Was worth exploring though.

• edited August 2017

If we could find someone to play proxy and send the request on the models behalf, I'd still love to see if we could tank some search rankings though.

• Okay; change of direction. I'm reaching out to some DMCA agencies I've got some solid rapport with, and see if any want to punch some domains into some SEO rank-tracking software before they submit some URLs to Google.

That way, we can at least gauge how big of an impact it even has on a site's SEO; whether it drops a couple pages or drops out the SERPs completely.

At least that will give us the insight as to whether submitting URLs to Google can be used to completely destroy a pirate site's traffic, or if it's just a 'slap on the wrist' ranking-wise.

• Sounds like an awesome initiative. I'll definitely be sending the link to this thread to a number of people!

• Okay, so someone on XBIZ told me to try using the model screen names on the DMCA notices instead of the real name and it should still work.

So, we have two experiments going on here:

A) Will Google accept a stage-name, or does it have to be a real name

B) How much will this impact rankings / traffic.

So, we're back on!

And thank you Natalie. The bigger we can get the coalition, the bigger the impact (I'm assuming) we can have.

• I'm so so up! Always dreamed to get rid of a certain site! The owner and his crew are the filthiest camgirlphobe on the internet, harming thousands of innocent cam models everyday and it's a foreign site that ignores DMCA requests. 

• I have a whole list of sites I want to see go into a death spiral traffic-wise. Not naming names, as I don't want to give them any PR, clicks or links.

• "...pirated content ... some pirates..." ?????????

everybody (HERE 'models') who like to get new users by affiliate-promotion HAVE to ACCEPT a "pirated content".

your "idea" is to boring, and against a good relationship between advertisers (models) and affiliates

• Well any way I can make my idea less boring? A catchy intro song or something?

And I'm sorry, I fail to see how this goes against good model/affiliate relationships. Especially as both models and affiliates would benefit from any reduction of pirate traffic.

Furthermore, I've always hated this idea that you just have to "accept" things because it's the way things are. Never been a fan of that way of thought, and it's the first step towards complacency.

• ModelCentro_PT... I'm not sure why you would say that. There's good honest affiliates who use promo content to send traffic to models' websites and there's pirates who steal the content to promote their own websites or sell ads. There is a strict difference and I don't think WebcamStartup is offering to hurt the former in any way. There is no reason one must accept piracy or theft. 

I know a number of models who are struggling to take down their content from websites who stole it, don't have a single link to the models' websites and won't respond to DMCA. If those are the kind of pirates this initiative is aimed at combatting than I'm all for it.

• ModelCentro_PT ?

I just found one of my 25min exclusive B/G video hosted on some "free" site, and they even cut my watermarks, added some camsite name as a tag beside my name and I don't even cam on this camsite nor do I have affiliate program turned on!

How do they bring me traffic eh??? No, they (MFC and that scumbag affiliate pirate) simply fill their own wallet with MY STOLEN LABOR! That is good for model/affiliates relationship according to you!?? 

All these scumbag pirates need to digitally burn! 

• So, quick update: I talked with a model who said she'd had success submitting DMCA to Google under her stage-name. Granted it was a real fake name and not a screen-name that couldn't pass for a 'real name'. So, that's some great news.

Reaching out to some studios and some of the smaller networks I've got some good rapport with and seeing if they want in on the action, as they could send out a bunch of requests on behalf of the models who's content has been capped/stolen from their networks.

Obviously, waiting til after Labor Day for all that.