How can I have a myname@mywebsite.com email?

Hello, I have a personal domain name (evasasha.com) and I redirected the nameserver to modelcentro. Now that the website is hosted here how can I have an email adress like "myname@evasasha.com"?

Comments

• Your domain provider must offer this feature which you have to pay per month for. So contact them, i know Go Daddy has it

• I use G Suite from google. It lets you use gmail for your private domain email and its 5 bucks a month.

• How is the G suite? i wanted to use it too, but MC support took so loong to respond to my request that i missed the 14 day free trial.

• EvaSasha , please contact our account managers via live chat on the website. they will explain 

• @sashagreen so mc can work with a google domain that is being linked to a mc site and still get your email form that domain?  also if you want to ladies you can buy two domains one for the site to link too and one for the email to be at i used this to keep from buying all of g suite i just want to email feature. s or some kind of tittle into the email. like admin@dollhousediamonds.com vs admin @dollhousediamondsvip.com

• Thank you all for your advice!

• fantastic sasha, I´m interested in doing this also! x

• Can the MX Records be configured at the registrar? I've always done it via cPanel, so sorry for the newbie question.

If you can't do it via the registrar, assuming the MX Records have to be configured by ModelCentro. I would suggest Google for an email client. Works just like GMail, plus get Google Drive and all those other goodies you'd get via a normal GMail account.

Can also set aliases for email accounts, which is useful if you're registering multiple social media handles, ect.

$5 per month per user (unlimited aliases per user)

• MX Records  = "Main Server Records", by the way. Not the most savvy when it comes to DNS, so can probably find more comprehensive (and probably way more techy) explanations, but basically, if you're using an email client not installed on the server, you have to make those records "point" toward the email client.

• I tired but google wants you to pay if your using your domain with a host they are not connected with.

• edited July 2017

This subject has been bugging me for some time now.  Trowing the ball at support was not really the entire issue. Part was Googles instructions, my lack of knowledge and myself not giving it the enough effort to see it trough.

The free user option made me realize the need of having it. Im not going to use my own mail to contact a free user, and i i want it to look profesional. I really need advice here. I have never done anything with the domain name, nor do i know how to.

Why doesn't MC include a mail server? Is it because you would need to run an independent one for each site?

I would run a mail server from my own PC... im not a techie anymore, i havent done it in over 10 years so the risk of getting hacked is way to big.

I want to use G so im willing to risk the 5$ they want each month.

Can someone please help me out here. once im finished i will make a step by step how-to for our community.

• Right now my Proffessional Email is through Ladies Online. I use it to accept messages from Free Users, for them to send me E-Gift Cards, Video Suggestions and so much other things

misscherazur@ladiesonline.net

• edited July 2017

@Brandynette, as far as I can understand all you need is a system like G+ that'll let you do email forwarding. I'm no expert on this which is why we threw the ball at support but afaik if you need the mailbox service that supports (IMAP) forwarding, give you the related access credentials that you can plug into it and it'll work. :)

• I was thinking on hMailServer... but then i realized i would need a better firewall and even resource hungrier anti-virus and i would have more almost unused startup progs... that would just be detrimental for the framerate. i can barely keep up with the high quality graphics of games for streaming as is

Im gona drop the ball on Gsuite an pay for them to take care of garbage  no

• @Brandynette the question is whether you really need it right this moment. I'd just go with a temporary yahoo/gmail or something similar and let it develop and pay for itself before investing into setting up the direct email. But that's just what my plan would be.

• Not much of an investment. Google Apps for Business is $5/mo. And that's really a lot better than using one of those free email clients that come standard with any cPanel / web hosting deal.

• Natalie yeah, that is true.

• Hi there! Got a message via live chat from a model who set this up, she recommends her choice:

"I set it up through the yahoo business account option called yahoo abaco small business. You just sign up using a regular account you have and use the domain name to set up the business email. It just tells you to connect the regular email to the business email for forwarding with no need to input codes etc to verify your site like the Google one. It costs $3 a month so very cheap you get your own email management area."