Re-branded: Payoneer is now Firstchoice Pay. What does this mean for you?

Hi everyone!

As you might have noticed, Payoneer is no longer Payoneer. The company has recently re-branded to Firstchoice Pay. Their service standards and operations have stayed the same, so why the change?

After speaking to a marvelous company representative named Pearl, here’s what I found out for those of you who are curious. Payoneer has been slowly but surely conquering the mainstream space and found themselves overly inflexible in operations, unable to market themselves properly, or do adult-geared promotion and provide the right level of attention to us. Therefore, they chose to partner up with Choice Bank under the Firstchoice Pay brand. Now they are better positioned to address specific needs of your business.

What has changed?

All of you who have used Payoneer in the past have been gently but surely moved towards changing your account to Firstchoice Pay. All funds and account information was transferred seamlessly. You were also asked to re-order your pre-paid credit cards, free of charge, which are now issued by Choice Bank. As one of the positive results, the new credit card limits have increased from $5,000 to $7,500. On ModelCentro’s end, we were able to take the minimum payout requirement via this payout method to $50 from former $100.

Fees and cost of service stayed the same. However, if you are in the EU some additional transfer fees now apply. Here is an excerpt from their FAQs about this: 

“… customers located in the Eurozone will now be subject to a cross-border fee (of up to 3.5%) on transactions made in the same currency as your card.”

For a full breakdown of the pricing and fees, please log in to My Account within their service. If you have not yet ordered your card, you will have a chance to review the pricing and fees when you order it.

IMPORTANT! Note that if you do not have your new card yet, all payments sent to you will be held until you receive and activate it, so please do not delay as we had several ModelCentro payouts get stalled this way.

Models who use ModelCentro and get payouts via Firstchoice Pay enjoy same-day delivery of funds, $50 minimum payout requirement and a plethora of perks like the ability to use the money immediately in any store or ATM worldwide. The change of brand is done for the best, although there may be certain inconveniences, more so for those who have moved and had to change their address and provide new proof of residence. Hopefully, all that is already done for you and you are enjoying your payouts on time, but I wanted to make sure I bring this up and warn those who don’t yet have it all in check.

VERY IMPORTANT! On behalf of ModelCentro, all models who use MC and decide to switch their payout method to Firstchoice Pay before the end of July 2017 will get their new credit cards issued free of charge. To get your card for free, all you will need to do is get an account on FCP and then when you connect it to ModelCentro before your scheduled payout by the means of a token, your free card will be automatically processed and shipped (provided your account was created properly).

So, if you’re still waiting for weeks for the post office to deliver your checks and running around having to cash them – consider Firstchoice Pay as your option. You can check out their website here: 

https://www.firstchoicepay.com. If you need personal assistance, their funny and a bit corny community support representative name Dan is at your service via email danep@firstchoicepay.com.

Comments

• I´ve been dealing with Dan for a while now, I can certainly give him 10 out of 10 for excellance with security & information, he´s fantastic with helping through any problems & is a genuinely lovely guy!

Thanks for the post to confirm the added benefits!

• I did had Payoneer for as long as i can remember and was always happ. With the switch it was real easy and the team help in any way and was super friendly and helpful and after a few weeks i had my new card and all was switched with no problem what so ever.

• Makes me wonder why? 

A good old fashioned check is just fine rather than unsecure prepaid debt cards where I don't have the same U.S. Federal Banking protection laws. 

Heard they work well for many others, but paying a fee to a third party for my money doesn't sit right with me.