Bulk upload – easy and quick!

When it comes to an easy way to upload content in a bulk to your ModelCentro website, you probably know that uploading each video or photoset separately is going to take a lot of time. The best way to get it done fast is BitTorrent Sync.

BitTorrent Sync allows you to share any folders you want across all your devices using peer-to-peer networking—no cloud necessary.

It’s really easy to get started. All you need to do is to download an appropriate version of BitTorrent Sync here and install it. 

After the BTSync is downloaded and installed, open the application. You will see the following window. Next, just follow those simple steps to set up the sync:

1. Organize the content you want to upload to MC in a single folder. You would need to create several sub-folders inside the main folder - 'video' folder for your video content and 'photo' folder for your photo sets. Please note, that each photo set should be in a different sub-folder.

Here is an example of the sync folder structure:

/SyncFolder/video/

/SyncFolder/video/file1.mp4

/SyncFolder/video/file2.mp4 

/SyncFolder/photo/photoSet1/file1.jpg

/SyncFolder/photo/photoSet1/file2.jpg

/SyncFolder/photo/someSet2/file1.jpg

/SyncFolder/photo/someSet2/file2.jpg

... etc.

After you have prepared the folder you want to sync, simply add it using the 'Add folder' button

2. After that, you need to generate a random secret key by pressing 'Generate' button and then navigate to the folder you have prepared for the sync. You will then notice that BittorentSync started indexing the files you have in the shared folder, preparing them for the sync.

3. After that, you will be able to find a "Read only" or "Read and write" key. Please, click on icon "More" and copy the key:

All that is left is to provide this code to one of our managers along with your stage name or the email address you have used for registering on MC, so that we can easily identify you and start the sync.

4. After the sync is over and we have the content on our servers, we will add it to your admin’s Incomplete section on videos or photos depending on content type. All you will need to do is fill in the video and photoset details  (description, tags, etc.) in the MC Admin panel and then publish or schedule the content for publication.

It is important to remember that you would need to leave the device on (and connected to the Internet) for the sync to commence and progress till it is finished.

Comments

• Very useful any news on FTP in the future? 
  • Hi Jesse And Daquan, right now we are improving the web interface uploading, so in the near future it will be easier and faster to upload content through the MC admin panel! We've got many requests regarding FTP, so already have put it to our 'to do' list :) 
  • Jesse and Daquan, the problem with FTP is that it needs to be well-protected, and solving security issues is something we need to take care of before introducing it as an option. For now bulk uploads via BitSync and interface improvements should take care of both updates and bulk uploads.
  • Hi I am having a lot of trouble understanding how to do this. My first pop up window doesn't even look like yours. Some in put would be great.
  • Hi Kris Ann, feel free to contact our account managers by emailing to support at modelcentro.com, they'll be glad to assist.
  • ok great thank you
  • What email do I send this file to?
  • Hey Kris Ann, I've forwarded your email with the secret key to Henry - your dedicated account manager, he will take care of this. 
  • awesome thank you
  • How long does it normally take for my content to be put up on my site?
  • Kris Ann, it depends on the amount of content you have. You will be able to see your content uploaded to the 'Incomplete' section today, all you you'll need to do is add titles, descriptions, etc. and then publish.
  • Awesome thank you
  • Kris, are you on a Mac? 
    This guide is for Windows, I'm wondering if we should write another for MAC since it might be a bit different.
  • Natalie, Im on Windows
  • uhm... wonder if they reworked the interface. I'll ask our guys to check and update the guide.
  • No SIMPLE FTP OPTION?? I cant get my welcom video to upload.

• Becca Rose , please contact our account managers via support at modelcentro.com with the details, they will investigate and fix the issue 

• Becca Rose nope, no simple FTP option since people started abusing it :) sorry for the mishap, bitsync should be superbrly easy - once set up, it's just a folder you drop files in and they sync to your admin