Music Use Release

i am Collabing with a Music Producer and will be placing his music into one of my Videos, I wondering can a model release be signed for that or is there another form i need. I want this to be a legal as possible. Also should i add as a content partner in my model list on my site

Comments

• Hi there @Cher

You don't need to upload such documents to our system, it's enough for you just to have such documents in your folder :) 

• Thank you, just we both want it legal

• edited May 2017

as long as you use your own music, you have no problem with publishing rights. If you purchase the rights to a track to use for commercial use, again, there´s not problem. 

TBH, when people have music playing on a radio or the TV and the cam is on, this is also braking copyright laws. There´s an entertainment licence you can purchase to be able to play music in the background like shops use.

• @TheNatalieK, I see that all the time and I agree. For people who often themselves suffer from piracy, some cam performers do not think that using music without a license is such a big deal.

I must say, the industry has wisened up about this in the past few years, but there are still some that think it's totally all right.

• Just throwing this here in case anyone needs the resource: freemusicarchive.org is an awesome site that you can search for royalty free/commercial use music! It's awesome, I use it all the time for my videos~ you can search by specific liscenses, so you know what you're using is all legal! :)

• You all are amazing to help me and this artist/producer keep this legal. I buy all my music but copyright laws i watch closely. 

I dont want to be the model who is inconsiderate to the artist or music induestry by say stealing for properly getting what i need

• candymatic Thank you for the tip! surprise

• thanks so much @candymatic !!