Content On Main Menu/Tour Option?

When uploading photos or videos, there are two options for Show On Tour and Show on main page. When I un-check "Show On Tour" it removes it from the home page. Is this suppose to happen? I'm so confused.

Basically, I don't people to just come in and watch the videos or view the photoset without joining the site.

Comments

• This Confuses me too
  • edited February 2015
    Hi Danielle and Cher, let  me clear that up:

Here's how the ticks work:

Show on Tour shows the preview of a video (first 45 seconds) or the cover of a photoset (only the cover image on all skins except Autumn, cover image and 6 small size images on Autumn skin)

Show on Main Page controls where you put the images or vides - on the videos/photosets page only or on both video/potosets pages and on the Main page in "Latest Videos/Latest Photosets" blocks.

So, with combination of these ticks you can:
    • Show the video or photoset preview to site visitors on both Home Page and Videos/Photosets pages, and in full to logged in members on both main page and Videos/Photosets pages (both ticked)
    • Show the video or photoset preview to site visitors on Videos/Photosets pages and to subscribed members in full on Videos/Photosets pages only (select Show on Tour, not select Show on Main Page)
    • Show Video or Photoset to members only (have to log in to see), on both Main page and Videos/Photosets pages (Show on Tour off, show on Main Page on).
    • Show Video or Photoset to members only, on Videos/Photosets pages only and not on Home Page (both off)
  • Oh...now I get it. I guess it's best to lure new people in by having both checked
  • Yes, definitely need some content on the tour or the site will look empty.