Slacking during site creation will hit you in the back on SEO and Affiliates levels

Hey sexy people. So I wanted to make this thread based on a lot of reports from my team.

It seems like a lot of  talents enabling affiliate program while slacking-off during site creation. Meaning: using MC default texts; having only few pieces of content; using MC sub-domain; skipping some pages customization in general.

Now let's talk about the results of your actions:

- Using MC sub-domain: you openly show that your site is based on MC platform in your social networks, google, etc. Meaning you are willingly prompting your potential members to search for different talents and different MC sites. Which is (in theory) money loss for you.

- Using default texts (home page, about me page, etc): This means that you are willingly disabling any additional traffic from google search, because the only results (not via exact stage name) will be shared with everyone else, who are using default texts. And often you could appear in google, based on your texts kaywords and phrasing - but you decided not to.

- Ignoring some pages (meaning leaving not only default texts, but also default pictures): That would result not only in the previous point, described above. But also in members being turned off or confused by missing pictures on your site.

Affiliate example: we are generally tracking all new affiliate programs and would be happy to do everything for you, but my team often reports that they simply couldn't create a simple profile for you on our site, because there is simply not enough info. Yet some time after a lot of talents messagin modelcentro that they are not pleased with the service, because they are not getting any joins. And the answer would be: You wanted to slack during your site creation - and that's your punishment.

Few times talents approached me to be promoted, but their site got like 2 video 1 minutes each and 1 photoset of 5 picture. Technically I could try to promote the site, but 95% chance that any joins would end up as a refund or a chargeback - which would make everyone frustrated (Unless the business model is not based on the membership, and as much as it is possible - it never was the case).

Conclusion: If you want to get everything you can from your site - spend those 10 minutes writing proper long texts. Make sure you have customized every page (or ask your MC manager to check that for you). Make sure you got proper amount of content or a plan for a different business model before you are approching affiliates. This will come back to you in a form of increased income, I promise.

And if you are not yet promoted by modelsfan.com - please feel free to hit me up at ceo at modelsfan.com or our team at clubmodelsfan at gmail.com

We are promoting MC powered talents since 2014.

Comments

• Fantastic Feedback @MrSexy very infomative and usefull info that we all should think about.

• Very informative, theres a few things I need to edit on my site. I've emailed your team and you personally twice and never got a reply back @MrSexy, if theres something wrong with my application to be reviewed by your site please let me know

• On top of that, I'd highly advise video previews enabled and doing full descriptions on those pages. Not only do they get indexed in video search (especially useful if you've got a pirate content, as it can bump their results down in video search) but it'll also help showing that your site is more than five pages big.

One problem (SEO-wise) with a lot of MC sites is everything is hidden behind the paywall. Google Bot isn't a subscriber, nor would it index those pages anyway. So to Google Bot, your site looks insanely small. As every new page crawled brings a tiny bit more PageRank into existance (which instantly starts flowing through the links) even having those previews enabled helps slightly.

The blog is where you're real SEO magic is going to occur. I'd draft a blog post associated with every new piece of content, following all the onsite best practices.

• I have 700 videos & a description for everyone of them. I have previews turned on.  And it does NOTHING for my SEO. 

Yes, I do agree @webcamstartup our sites look very small to Google Bot.  

The Blog SEO magic really isn't occuring.  700 videos & my site looks like 3 pages to Google. 

• May I ask how many categories and subcategories you have caused in theory you can fit all that on one page having tags categories and other things set make many more pages.

I think it looks somthing like this

main .com

home-about-contact-videos-pictures

videos has categories that would group each with the .com/videos/wild for example and so on to much is bad but it makes a big impact on pages found same with pictures and profiles filled out hope this added some insight it could be just the littlest thing missed.

• Very interesting discussion... how do we get SEO for my/our sites?

kisses

Angie Noir

• Thanks for your feedback. My opinion is, MC affiliate program is mire then poor. Mybe it wors for your US guys, in Europe ist cost really money and nerves!!

• Thank you for the info!