MCProfit Suggestion: Reduced Quality / Image Size

In MCProfits (and the standard affiliate program, for that matter) there are some real HD content uploaded there. Although there's nothing wrong with quality, this does present some talking points for each party involved:

Performers / Studios: I'm not sure all the content creators want all their real high quality content available.

Affiliates: I just hooked a friend of mine up with a gig building out some affiliate gallery properties, and we've already ran into the issue of having to reduce the image size just to get it into WordPress. Without reducing the size, there's still some load-time issues that affiliates have to deal with.

ModelCentro/MCProfits: The downloading of heavier files is increased bandwidth for you guys, is it not? Not sure how much overhead would be reduced through limiting this, but it's still worth mentioning.

I don't know what the best solution is (or if anyone else views this as an issue) but I feel it's worth starting a dialogue about. Who's in charge of the affiliate bit anymore? I know Guido is no longer with the company (or at least not doing the affiliate bit).

Anyways, would love to hear everyone elses thoughts.

It would be awesome if affiliates were able to select from different qualities when downloading (low, medium, high-res, "original file", whatever). I know there's scripts out there that can reduce image file sizes on the server-side. So while this probably isn't an insanely turnkey implementation, it's certainly not reinventing the wheel.

Is this something that would interest the community and company?

Cheers, everyone!

Comments

• And we're talking some serious image sizes! Jeny Smith? Like 15mb per image! That's not promo content. That's premium content! And holy shit, those are some big image sizes for affiliate photo zip packs!