#20 FeatureFriday - FHG's, Favicons, Zips and a load more stuff!

Feature Friday is awesome! Not only is it Friday, but you also get to learn all about important updates and cool features on ModelCentro! Your must-read short digest has arrived!

Zipped Pics Packages

If you've missed the recent community thread, here's another heads up - you can now form zips for affiliates to promote you more easily! Website promotion is a key to success! That’s why we’ve rolled out functionality that makes it easier for your affiliates bring you sales. 

Free Hosted Galleries AKA "FHGs"

We've seen many of your not being sure what it is your affiliates are asking you to provide, when they ask for these magical 3 letters - FHG. ModelCentro's promotion section has been expanded even further, to give you tools to create full-blown Free Hosted Galleries with images!

The FHGs you make will be available to affiliates early next week.

To create a new FHG, just go to:

1. Promotion;

2. Free Hosted Galleries;

3. Add new gallery.

Check how it looks on our your skin:

Infinity

Autumn

Passion

Black-Diamond

Princess

No More Default Favicons!

If you're wondering what a favicon is, look at the top of your browser page. You'll see a tiny image next to the email client's tab - that's a favicon.

We used to have the pretty MC flower there, but it was the same for everyone and that was, well... boring. Now, your favicon is a miniature version of your avatar! So, every one of the favicons are unique and awesome! Enjoy!  

Twitter Cards

We will never tire of saying that Twitter is one of the best traffic sources! To make your posts more catchy, we’ve rolled out the Twitter Cards feature. Each time you or someone else adds your site URL to a twitter post, we’ll display it as a pretty card! 

For example, card for http://infinity.demo.modelcentro.com/ looks like this:

Video Upload Speed Optimization

As a part of our global speed optimization task, we’ve made our video uploader 33% faster! Go ahead, upload some videos and let us know what you think! 

Legal Docs Update

Please take a minute to review our updates to legal agreements:

Model Website Operator Agreement

ModelCentro Privacy Policy

ModelCentro Management Referral Program for Studios

ModelCentro Affiliate Agreement

Please give your feedback, we want to hear what YOU think!

Comments

• Those are all great features. Being able to make FGH's will be a huge help since I know most affiliates like to use those. With the twitter cards do we pick what photo is used or is it automatic? 

I did happen to upload a large file today and it did seem faster which is great.

• @Leila, it pulls an image from your "about me" page.

• Thanks for all that you guys do.

Are we able to upload Banners, headers and footers for our affiliates you use? I've been getting asked that by a few of mine

• Nasty Black Boys, could you please specify what you mean by headers and footers?

As for banners, this is in our 'to do' list. For now, you can send all the promo materials you want to your affiliates via email

• Love the FHGs - I am personally using these as well through my social media channels.  Out of curiousity - do geo blockers also work on these?

I noticed the Favicon the other day - again, Kudos to you for doing that, it is that made my site all 'mine' :-)

Keep it up ya'll - you are amazing!!

~Misha

PS - can't wait for the banners.  Would love it if we could do sample video clips as hosted galleries, or for our affiliates to DL as well, even a blend of video w/pics.   Just a thought :-D  Thanks again for being amazing.

• Misha Nox, thank you for such a great feedback! 

As FHG is located on a model website, users from restricted areas won't be able to access it

• Excellent, thank you @SashaGreen

• Hello everyone !

Someone can please explain me the difference between the Zipped Packages and the FHGs ?

Zipped packages had this info before : "is an affiliate promo tool which allows affiliates to use a link to your website page with WATERMARKED content on their websites as a promo landing page in order to promote your fan site"

But now this info is on the FHG tool. 

Thank you !

sharleenfleury.com

• Sharleenflry , zipped packages are available only for affiliates in their admin panels. FHGs can be also viewed by members or guests right on your site, but only in case they have a link to it 

• Well understood ! Thank you very much @SashaGreen ! 

Sharleen

www.sharleenfleury.com

• Twitter cards are the best! Thank you!