Bug with video upload

Hello! I doubt that I'm the only one who has experienced the problem of uploading a video. In half the cases the video is not fully downloaded. In the second half, the download just stops. Tried different browsers - does not help. The amount of video is 2.5 GB, the duration is 22 minutes. It fascinated two days, constantly starting new downloads and not getting results. Teach me, please, what I'm doing wrong? The request to technical experts - make finally a way of loading video adequate to modern time. Downloading by https is crazy!

Comments

• OxanaShy  ,

Thank you so much for the report. In such cases, please feel free to send an email with the details to support at modelcentro.com or contact our account managers via live chat on the website. Our account managers will be able to setup a TeamViewer session with you and fix the issue on your account. 

• depending on your upload and own broadband service, you could be timed out. 

I know you shouldn´t need to, but can you upgrade your broadband. A 5mb upload is worthwhile if you have under this, maybe an idea to speak with your service. From 1 to 5 mb is a huge difference for live cam also.

Good luck.

• It could be so. But i'm on Optical leased line. I uploads on google disk with great speed. So far, the problem has been resolved with the Chromium browser.  All others (opera, firefox, chrome)have not helped

• 22 minutes, Wow, that is fast. I have 25mbps upload & vids take HOURS to upload & like in your case only half way. 

Friend of mine has 50mbps upload & same issues. 

• There are good news coming on this. An update planned for 2-3 weeks from now should greatly boost upload speed from the US. It may be based on your provider's channel to Europe, since the data center is in the Netherlands. But as I mentioned - that will be fixed shortly. I'll also complete and publish a guide on rendering for best speed and quality, on it now but probably done by mid-week.

• great! thanks!

• In fact, the problem is not in rendering but in uploading, but nevertheless thank you. Useful information

• Oxana, yes I understand, the upload issues are often the case. I just promised to post it here in case for some it might be useful :)

Let's hope the new update will help with the speed.

• 10 hours to upload a 15min video up to 97%, and I'm afraid the upload is gonna crash from now...

I haven't been on cam the whole day because of this upload sucking the bandwith and I might not even have a video to publish. Hundred dollars lost.

I upload the same video on chaturbate in 20min so it's definitively not my internet speed.

An update planned for 2-3 weeks from now should greatly boost upload speed from the US

I'm in the South Pacific, does that mean I'll never have fast video upload on my site?

• edited July 2017

Wow really very long

I just uploaded a 15min (1.5GB) video, in 30min. A normal value.

But oeters stuck with me. But very very rare and it is not on my line.

I have a 30MB VDSL line. Unfortunately, Orange is no longer available. The manager has the monopoly. It blocks at 30MB my provider.

I know that. I need to send from Spain to Seattle when I send to Streamate. And I send in HD720. I also had my doubts.

The values from here are not bad.

My RT is always at 100-150. The uploade a little worse, like a spanish server.

You can check this yourself. You do a speed test and choose a server in the Netherlands. You can see if uploading a video at the time is good. This can be tested at night or during the day and decide when to upload the best. As a solution until MC has the update. Test this with LAN and Wifi. This is how I test Seattle.

•  I'm in the South Pacific, does that mean I'll never have fast video upload on my site? - It should improve the speeds worldwide as the load spreads wider. I'll try to rush them on this feature. Sorry to hear you had the issue. Please reach out to support and see if they can speed things up for you.

Thanks Natalie for the tip, good point!

• Thanks Natalie for the rush, that's really sweet of you! sad

• There's a free app called Handbrake which compresses vid files pretty efficiently. I personaly can never tell the difference except for the fact that file size is much much smaller. And it includes an option to do a single vid or a full folder.

Most video editing software renders out larger then necessary file sizes. Even if you do play around with all the settings.

I've found that on average running it through handbrake after it cuts file size in half. So if you're having trouble uploading might be something to consider.