Affiliates who join and never do a thing

Hi

i just looked through our affiliates list and there are lots of account joined , think 40 or more but only 10 or so bring the traffic. Other ones have zeros in stats. Can't understand why they spend time for joining and then do nothing with it.  Does anyone has the same problem? 

Comments

• Some wont have Traffic it goes by Who Clicks there Link.

My Main ones who Bring Traffic is FreeOnes and ModelsFan

• As an affiliate, I'll often times join a program to check out the promotional tools, ect. If I remember correctly, it's not possible to offer FHGs, banner content or video content directly from the affiliate area and instead webmasters must contct the model / studio directly. (Correct me if this has changed).

Since resource-style sites is my main grind, a lot of time I look to see if there's a webmaster referral program that's not mentioned on the main affiliate screen.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of webmasters that see this and give up on the program. That would explain zero clicks but the affiliate registration still shows up.

I'm sure it wouldn't be high up on MCs agenda for feature rollouts, but if they could find some way where models could upload content and banners that could be accessed via the affiliate dashboard, I'm sure it'd help with active webmaster conversions by leaps and bounds.

• If I was an affiliate that registered for hte program and seen I had to reach out 

• It's also just the nature of webmaster referrals and affiliate marketing in general. I can show you programs where I've got thousands of referrals with few active and very few I'd classify as 'whales'. 

Model referral programs are even worst. I think there's a bunch of people considering a career in adult entertainment, register to check it out and get cold feet.

• @WebcamStartup If I were to put together a promotional package to send to my affiliates, what do you think should be in it? Are there certain size banners, video lengths, amount of pictures, etc that affiliates mainly look for?

• @dirtylittleholly for banners, I'd suggest at least having a leaderboard, skyscraper and 250x250 or 300x250. That covers the most common ad-types you see out there.

Gallery sets: 15-20 sounds like a good amount to me. Enough to build up a FHG.

Videos: Long enough to be a good tease, short enough to make someone want to register to get the full version. 

I'd honstly suggest registering for a couple mainstream adult paysite affiliate programs and checking out how they put together their affiliate promotional content and use that for inspiration.

Since your also doing the whole tube site thing, could also refer them to your channels since all the tube sites offer embed codes. Has the added benefit of marketing your content you've got uploaded there and building up that presence.

Just remember; you don't want to give too much away. Enough to tease and drive traffic. Also enough for affiliates to build up the actual webpages to promote you. If it's nothing but a text link, it'll work for directory-style sites, but that's it. Probably one of the main reasons directory style sites such as FreeOnes and ModelsFan tend to thrive compared to others.

• edited January 2016
    @dirtylittleholly (and everyone else)

I'd check out the CamWithHer affiliate program for inspiration, actually, instead of a mainstream paysite as it's more relevent. It's one of the few camming affiliate programs that actaully gives promo tools outside of banners, pop-ads, ect.

I can imagine it's the one mindfuck for webmasters trying to jump into the camming / [real] amateur niche; How the hell do you build up an affiliate site without the content.

I've seen that some affiliates will scrape content from a model's profile page on a specific camming network. I've also seen models with the disclaimer stating that even affiliates are in violation of DMCA and aren't allowed to redistribute their content.

If anyone wants to be listed, I'm in the process of building a camming webmaster resource site, and as it's a relevent topic, I've got a post on camming affiliate programs that provide photo / video content. If anyone has contenet they'd provide webmasters, I could create a list of MC models. I'd give anyone a direct link instead of an affiliate link too, as it would be much better for SEO and I wouldn't expect to get conversions from that kind of content anyway.

Haven't rocked any major SEO on that site, but it's so incredibly niche that any webmaster traffic I get is highly qualified.

• @akaAlex I have the same problem! How can I get more affiliates? Like Cher Azur said Freeones? How can I see the traffic from each affiliate?

• @claudiasmith ;

Start your thread on gfy.com telling about your site and links to promo content. 

• to be honest it seems i do the job for affiliates by pormouting our site on tubes and affiliates just get seelings from overal site success.  

• @akaAlex, but affiliates wouldn't get anything for sales they didn't actually send, so you're safe there.

• @Natalie

No, they actually get something. When site gets attention, people google for it and find a lot of affiliated sources with promo content. they surf it and some of them join by affiliated link. It's not a problem since only like 10% people click banners. Another side is they probably would not join if didn't find promo content on affiliated sites.  So it's not that bad. 

• This lovely site is one that can't be rushed. I can't just pop in here and grab the latest FHG links. Tt takes time to go through each page, looking for a face that matches what my network is needing. The FHGs are gorgeous and eyecatching, and I do try to get by here and spend time about once a month or so. 

My network is made up of 13 TGPs that take movies or pictures, one general link list that takes blogs, FHG, free sites - you name it. All of them use thumbnails. If one isn't provided, I get to make one. Usually, that is easy. Pick the image (or check the page source for the image file), save it, and resize it. With the ModelCentro galleries, that is not possible. I end up using a screen capture. It isn't always the best thing. Where I can, I will grab the zipped content files to match and use those instead. And banners? I love to have a linked banner somewhere on the page plus a text link back. I know that each and every model has their branding and identity to market. Kinda hard without the tools sometimes. 

So, how does an affiliate help? We have people who drop by every day to see what we have added. We share the links on the galleries we build with other lists and TGPs who have visitors who do the same thing. The tubes get so much traffic that it's easy to be buried by them. Our type of sites are like those calm pools that let the visitors enjoy without pressure from ads. I do use the prebuild FHGs when I don't have the time to build, but I like building my own and telling the visitors why they need to visit and why they need to join. 

• My advice is for you to also log into mcprofits.com.

I think your sername and password logs you in.

And check to see what your content looks like in mcprofits.com.

Then get the links for your fhg's from mcprofits.com and see how they look.

The problem being an affiliate is that I wish to promote the fhg, BUT to do this I need to save a pic from the fhg's to post on blogs and so on. The truble with mc fhg's is that its set up so you cannot save the pics. And yes I know I can mess about by downloading the zip files (as if I have the time to do that).

I think this is the problem that mc has, is that its presumed it knows what affiliates want, rather than asking them.

This is a recent example of a fhg: http://denudeart.com/r/XxNlPbKG/free-gallery/23354/amanda-in-forever/photos

It looks very nice, but its what you do with it.

As it stands the most I can do is post a link. But I (as most affiliates will) post a pic or two on my blog to show as a teaser. I simply cannot right click and save the pics from it to use.

• ahem... screen shots work wonders. I have other sites that I have had to do the same thing for. On my TGPs, it works because I am using a smaller image. There are also zip files with images if you feel so motivated. This is a newer program and a lot of it has been done the way it has to help stop the scraping. Yeah, it is slow and klunky for the affiliate, but not being able to right click and save also means you can't right click and share or put it into any other sort of file sharing system. 

• It's funny how you have time to browse forums, but can't find time to download a zip set.....

You can drag-and-drop individual images to desktop. Or a folder. Or whatever. At least I can.