New UK Legislation

Hi all,

I will pop the link here for those that have not seen it or are unaware of this new legislation http://services.parliament.uk/bills/...aleconomy.html

Will this effect our MC sites at all? Will a new layout be needed and is it likely that UK models will be dropped?

thanks x

Comments

• I´ve been reading and interacting with other site owners on a forum, so up to speed but thank you for the thread here on MC.

Wondering if MC are going to offer a joint age verification system, where you´re verified to one mc site, you´re verified to them all. We definitely need the age r18 logo placed on all our sites as default.

Looking forward to hearing thoughts & ideas, requests and actions...

• Its not about us being verified as thats industry standard anyway and i wouldnt sign up to a site that didnt verify models but this is in regards to our clients and potentail clients having to verify their age before being able to veiw any of our content. All our stills and gifs to give a taster of each clip or content must now be considered non erotic and our descriptions must also be carefully worded.

yup this law was really passed with only 13 MP's bothering to turn up to vote!

• ?  At no point did I mention the model needing verification, it´s verification of the customer. Wishing people read posts properly.

OK, so what I was suggesting was if the age verification needs to be placed on our websites, all modelcentro sites could have a combined age verification. So if a customer has been verified on say my site, that customer would automatically be verified on yours or any other MC site.

• Sorry i am only just replying @thenataliek, in theory i like the idea of age verification across the site but it does also alarm me for the fraud, money laundering purposes. I suppose if the technology was there to ensure that unusal spending wasnt taking place then it could see it working but something would have to go in so that models were protected from giving away free live shows/content.

in some ways i think this can be a positive move as our clients are now going to have to pay for their content and not get the free tube sites.