Web cam

Hi there, can anyone help? I need to buy a new webcam and wanted to ask what do you recomend? it seams there are so many choices out there now. I am still using a Sony DVI D100 it did very well for many years but quit working. Should i get the same or are there better ones? Thank you for your help,

Jayne

Comments

• Logitech C930e

• Thank you Kinkycollar great choice i did get the 920 and it is very very good

• edited April 2017

Logthech C920 i also have the same, it arrived last week. Its an amazing cam, too amazing now i need more base to cover my beard shade! LOL

• 1.5 years I work with the logitech conferencecam bcc950. I would not miss the remote control. The remote control facilitates many things. Only the micro is weak.

Just what I have to say, the Logitech need a lot of light, for a clear picture.

I also have a Microsoft Studio Cam. This requires much less light and the micro is so sensitive in the recording and is a little cheaper than the C920. I can also mount them on a tripod. I always notice it at my terrace shows. If the dawn, the Microsoft regulates and it is already almost dark outside, without much light in the employment.

• I have never filmed in daylight, i have it strapped to a improvised tripod. And use a warm light lamp, that redtone help me look tanned XD. Im austrian and while like cheese XD

• Keeping it real, you also need to think about the system you use & the feed, above 2mb upload is pretty reasonable for a decent viewing.

The size of harddrive´s not important, however, the ram & processor make a big difference to the output. If you´re working on cam & update other sites, whether social media, your own website or send images via cam services while on cam, you want to look at 5mb up.

The logitech920´s great, there´s no need for the wide view the 930 gives for the extra 20 or $30

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/hd-pro-webcam-c920

You can think about 4k, but most websites still aren´t putting out 4k as the bandwidth is astrinomical.

Hope this is helpful to anyone looking to live cam.

• Exactly Natalie.

I notice it with SM, with the 720p. My estimation from the experience, 20% already have connection problems with the 720p resolution and then 4K utopian. It is a very high data volume and it is now times the networks are not so well developed everywhere, that everyone can look in HD.

The problem is, the Logitech BCC950 is very expensive, but as I wrote above, the remote control I would not miss. I've wanted a lot of users at the extreme zoom. It thrills many, a handle to remote control. Furthermore, you can move through the remote control much better in front of the cam. From the bed out into the stand. A handle to the remote control, without rotating the cam and then it is not yet correct.

I made the step 1,5 years ago and I have to say the price hurt, with about 238 €.

• i work now a few months with the 920 i bought and i am very happy with evrything

• From experience i know that Streaming 4k needs a stable Upload of 45Mbps since most hosts compress the files to view one only needs arround 30-35Mbps