Email Information

I don't know how messages work, but is there anyway to set up an email using my domain. It makes my business look more profession. I don't know if I can do it here or if i need to do thru GoDaddy. Do anyone know? 

Comments

• I was wondering the Same thing
  • I have been wondering the same thing, also. 
  • I believe you have to purchase email hosting from someone else. I have mine through onlydomains.com. The economy package from them is only $1.99/month and you get 10 email boxes, 1500 mb of storage, and 5 gb of monthly bandwidth. I only use it for email... it was one of the cheapest plans I found.
  • Is it a Email Package @dirtylittleholly
  • @cher azur It's both an email package and a hosting package. So for $1.99/month you get up to 10 email addresses that you can use and then 1500 mb of hosting (so you can upload pics or anything else you want). I personally only use it for the email addresses, but it comes with both.
  • Girls, this task is already in our 'to do' list and hopefully will be implemented soon. 
  • yes, i would love to be able to use my domain name for my email b/c it looks more professional

• I was wondering about this feature also, Thank you @SashaGreen for letting us know that its in the works & I would love this feature as soon as it releases =)  Thank you too @Dirtylittleholly for the great input and feedback as too whats outhere...

• Whenever I've configured the "MX Records" (mail exchange records, I believe is what the acronym stand for) it's been through the actual hosting and not through the domain registrar. I know that certain tasks (301 redirects for example) can be handled through either the hosting / cpanel or the registrar (depending on the registrar)

I justed logged into a GoDaddy account I've got to play around in the dashboard. GoDaddy is giving this message: "The zone file is unavailable because the domain's set nameservers do not belong to this registrar."

That makes me believe it's not possible with GoDaddy at least. Doesn't mean it's not possible with other registrars.

Could also register another domain name that's comperable to yours, set up a redirect (in case anyone copy / pastes or manually punches in the domain associated with your email address) going to your MC domain and do it that way. Would only be $10-$15 annually, plus whatever per month if your using a service like Google Apps for Business.

• I found this and maybe it's helpful:

"You can connect your domain to ModelCentro in one of two ways: by changing your domain's CNAME or by connecting to ModelCentro's Name Servers. When using CNAME, the domain name stays at your registrar and points to the ModelCentro servers. Your domain registrar remains in control of your domain records."

It seems that to be able to set up email accounts on godaddy and use your domain with modelcentro you have to set the cname option instead of using nameservers.

Here's the link with the full support thread: http://modelcentro.com/support/post/4688

• Indeed it seems possible to do email forwarding when using the CNAME method, although in ModelCentro's own words (at the URL provided by Lesbian Cuties):

"We recommend using the Name Servers set up - in this case a more stable connection will be created and new features and services connected to the domain will be activated automatically."

Please please please add an email forwarding feature for the people using the Name Servers method! Not only does it look more professional to have an email adress with your own domain instead of gmail or hotmail, but also we're finding that quite a few places don't accept (or greatly slow down) DMCA takedowns tha come from free email providers!! 

• Bruce and Morgan , We have this feature in our plans, but for now you can register the email you want with a third party ( Google for business for example) and set the email address you want there. It will provide you with the MX records which we'll to add to our data base. In this case, all the messages that will be sent to the email address you'll specify will be forwarded to your gmail :) 

• edited June 2017

I have also been wondering and i found this thanks to SashaGreens tip of Gsuite. One can use our own sites to register the mail. 4 options to verify, we must ask to change either to our CNAME or the one i prefer just add a Meta Tag to our site. The other 2 options i dont realy understand or at least its not relevant?

https://gsuite.google.com/intl/en/products/gmail/ 

30gb + 1250MB a day for 4$ a month per user... hmmm more specs in the link below.

https://support.google.com/a/answer/1071518?hl=en

Shared Google Drive, HD Video conferences and my Favorite The VAULT, also the other 51 services Google has to offer. Have asked CentroServices, will mail Support if needed to add the Meta Tag. I want to test it during the 14day free trial. After that its 4$ a user a month. Can be paid with debit card! considering i can store some really huge video files tempts me.

Looks kinda expencive at first, but considering that google gave me a 75$ ad cupon i believe similar campaigns will exist with the Gsuite.

I will, as usual make a "short" tutorial once im convinced its worth the money.

• edited June 2017
    ups