#23 FeatureFriday - Video Cutting Tool, New Uploads Box and more!

Feature Friday is all about important updates and cool features! Check out this must-read short digest!

Feature Friday on ModelCentro

ModelCentro is moving to HTTPS

The first step in transferring all ModelCentro resources to the secure SSL/HTTPS protocol is completed – your admin is now on https! The next step is to move your sites to this protocol, which will improve the SEO of your sites and provide additional security. Please note that all payment pages have been on SSL/HTTPS all along.

New Uploads Box

Uploads that get interrupted pick up where they left off. Our development team knows how annoying it is re-start uploads every time your wifi glitches and decides to momentarily disconnect. Even if you log out during an upload, upon logging in you will have the option to resume upload that will pick up at the % of file to which it loaded previously. This is made possible because our team added WebSocket transport support. Enjoy!

Integration with Google Calendar

Be sure your fans won’t miss any of your live shows or updates! The brand new integration of ModelCentro and Google calendar allows your fans to add events from your calendar to their plans in Google Calendar in just one click.

Videos in Free Hosted Galleries (AKA FHGs)

You can now add up to 5 videos into the total of 15 items required to create a Free Hosted Gallery in your Promotion section!

Video Cutting Tool

When creating an FHG that includes videos from your website, you will be able to cut a piece of the video to be added to the FHG (naturally, you don’t want to put all of it into the free gallery). This cutting tool will also be available in the future for you to be able to offer custom previews as well as for other simple editing purposes. See full guide about this functionality here.

Фотография

Zipped Packages when you add FHGs

Previously, if you wanted to use the same images for a Zipped Package and an FHG, you’d have to make those separately. We thought – why double your work? Now, when you create an FHG with images only, it will automatically come up in your unpublished Zipped Packages and you can offer both at the same time less the setup time. This only works for FHGs with photos right now, but will also work for videos in the future.

Let us know what you think by leaving comments below 

Comments

• Wow each one of these updates were really needed. Especially zips for FHGs!  

Thank you MC team for great job!

• all great updates, nice one MC :thumbsup

• Thank you for your feedback! 

• Love this 

• These FHGs are not for the Webmasters?

• pinadeluxe , they are for webmasters/ affiliates who promote your website :) 

• Im doing mine now, i have already a zip and am uploading 2 more vids now! 1080p quality 

• Hi there , 

Hows the move going to secure http prototcol going ? I'm assuming thats why on Chrome I have an exclamation in my browser & when you click on it its says " this website is not secure " 

thanks 

Angel 

• angel_Long

We've already start moving your websites to HTTPS. We hope to finish moving by the end of this month, stay tuned! 

• HI Sasha ,

Cool cool thanks

x

• @angel_Long, it will take longer to move websites that have custom changes (as I believe yours does), everyone who haven't requested any will be moved easily and then, one-by-one, we'll have to go through sites with small custom adjustments (for example, if a banner was added, it would show up as blank white space if we just move the site to https, so there will be a delay till we can manually go back thorough all such sites and make sure there are no conflicts).

• Thanks Natalie , All fine, just wasn't sure what it was meant  on the url that all . Thanks for getting the sites moved over . 

• No problem, glad to give detailed information @angel_Long!