Automatic Welcome Message

Whenever someone signs up for my site, I like to send them a little welcome message with a hello, a photo, and some helpful information. I think it would be great if we could prepare messages in advance that get sent to new members immidtaely upon sign up. 

Comments

• seconded, I always send out an ice-breaker, would be great to be able to send out a default welcome.

• Good idea, thanks. I think it's part of our messaging system improvement plan, but I'll double check and see if I can prioritize it up.

• I was thinking about this today. Thanks for putting it in the forum.

• Thanks so much @Natalie!

• On the same topic: A "Thank you for signing up!" landing page with a unique URL that will only be hit after a successful initial signup. More for being able to track conversions within Google Analytics. Easiest method is using a distinct URL. Usually a "Thank you!" page works best, because you're only thanking them after a successful conversion.

• Fantastic idea! I get a lot of questions myself about how my subs can better serve me via messaging. It would be great to send out an automatic welcome message with this kind of information after each person signs up.

@webcamstartup - Great suggestions!

• @WebcamStartup on the ball here! I agree. It would be amazing to have a unique URL or page that is changable! So you could add exclusive content. Like a video, or pic set that only new members will get if they sign up. And you can change it here and there.

• I personally perfer the automated message suggestion, however its not a big deal for me a I constantly interact with my membership via the message feature so its just habitual now but considering my first message is always the same, an automated personal greeting would a great feature.

• some automessages are needed...

If a user is not active since x days----send automessage

If a new user registred----send automessage

If a user renewed his membership----send automessage

If a user bought a ticket for livecamshow----send automessage

If a user commented or liked a video/blog/picture-set----send automessage

and many more...

greets Christin

• Would anyone want to participate in helping to write texts for these? and work out a system (and yes - it'll need to be disabled). First step will basically be making all the texts/cases, then we can figure out how to plan it in development. These need to be general enough to fit most models though. Suggestions appreciated.

• edited January 2017
    @Natalie -- I was actually really referring to custom automated messages. If we have the option to write whatever we want then we can include things that are specific to our site. If you try to create an automated message that is the same for every site, then it would have to be painfully basic...

Things like "Thank you for signing up!" may seem pretty standard, but some people (some Doms for example) may not be interested in thanking their members and Subs at all.

Some people are totally into 1x1 conversation and would love to write "Feel free to message me anytime!", where as others would rather write "If you're interested in a paid 1x1 session, feel free to let me know."

Welcome messages are a great place to let people know about discounts and other goodies they can take advantage of as members, but those things will vary from site to site.

If the automated message is not customizable, it will not be helpful for the people who need it most.
  • Good point @AylaEXPOSED! Ok, so the functionality should be a creator of automatic messages, letting you set up events. I'm still interested in picking your brain on what events we would need first of all, besides registration.

• @Natalie -- Personally, I think registration and cancellation are the most important ones. A personalized goodbye message can contain information, discounts, offers, etc... that may even prompt the member to sign up again right away, or in the future. We can also use it to remind people to follow our social media accounts for updates that may bring them back. 

Having a separate "welcome back" message for returning users would also be great, if possible. 

I can't really think of anything else, but if you have any ideas you'd like my opinion on I can surely let you know what I think.

• I agree with this, as I also send welcome messages & sometimes it can be a little overwhelming. After welcoming the new fan, they would obviously send a message back & from there we can make the messages more personal for that individual...

nice idea & hope MC can create this option!

• Just to add to the messages apart from the subscribe, sign up and cancellations i think messages for tips and purchases would also be needed. IE if a client purchased my panties then i could send a message say thank you and an estimated delivery time frame and how it would be packaged, which company is delivering and if it will need signing for etc.

again as already stated this will work best when model can add their own text i think.

thanks for listening to all our suggestions and trying to impliment as much as possible.

• Thanks everyone for the input! I'll be drawing up the task on manually created auto-messages this week and hopefully will be able to plug it in to the dev schedule in the near future.

• @AylaEXPOSED, actually, you can already edit a cancellation message/text - see the last feature of this #FeatureFriday update: http://community.modelcentro.com/index.php?p=/discussion/534

• @Natalie Oh wow! Thank you! I must have missed that one.

• Good to be useful :)

• Hey Natalie how is it?

ive worked out some cases for automail...

-user is online..

-user has joined membership

-user has watched a video

-user has watched a picture-set

-user liked a video/picture/blog

-user commented a video/picture/blog

and many many more...

i dropped this idea allready the german MC-Team...

looking hopefully in future...

regards pinadeluxe

• Hey Pina! thank you so much for this list!

The only issue I see here is - users will see and get spammed by too many of them if it shoots them a message every time they log in or watch anything... maybe we could limit it to 1/day or week?

• I think this is a GREAT idea!  I am a part of the VNA Live girls and most members don't even KNOW how to access the shows!  I also like it to be personalized so that they feel like it came from me, not a generic MODEL CENTRO message that looks like I am not interacting with my members.  

Please put this on the top of the list asap!!   So much potential to increase our member rententions!!