WATERMARK GLITCHES

Hello,

I'm not sure how the watermark feature works I just started using it, but I've read on wecamgirl.com that when you turn it on, it only applies on new updates, not on content that has been published before. And that the logo is applied on the content while it's uploading and cannot be removed after being published. So that's what I thought. 

Watermarks are applied to the video itself and become a part of it. To make this possible videos are re-encoded, which means that the watermark is applied to each frame of the video. This means that whatever player you use to play that watermarked video, the watermark is always there in the same position. That's why publishing/unpublishing does nothing in that respect, because to apply a new watermark or a new watermark position the video has to go through encoding process as if it is a new video. But this is totally wrong that we don't have this explanation in a form of warning or note somewhere, you are right. I'll ensure this is added, thank you.

Two days ago, I turned the watermark on for the first time for new updates that I haven't been watermarked manually, I uploaded them, got the logo all fine.

BUT

All my oldest content were pre-edited with watermarks and has been uploaded/published with the watermark feature turned off.

Now,

When I turn the watermark on : I notice not only my new updates got the watermark, but also my oldest content! The result is double watermarks on my oldest content... 

The weird glitches :

When I turn the watermark off :

On the Homepage (updates section) : I can still see the double watermarks. It's been off for nearly 24h, I refreshed the page many times, and it still shows the watermarks and double watermarks on all content previews on the homepage (updates section). 

In the photos/videos menus : The new updates that I uploaded with the watermark on (to apply the logo on it) doesn't display the logo anymore.  On my old content with pre-edited watermark, the extra logo disappears too, wich is nice.

I for now have to turn the watermark off, to avoid the double watermark on 99% of my content and hoping the glitche disapear on the homepage. I already have few comments on the new updates so I wouldn't like to delete them and republish a pre-edited watermarked version...

www.sharleenfleury.com

Comments

• Sharleenflry , please send a report to support at modelcentro.com, so our account managers can take a look at this issue and fix it. 

• I have had an issue like this too, I turned it on once then back off and ever since everything on MC's end is watermarked. Like when their accounts tweet about my site the photos are double watermarked and even on the models.xxx site too

• Dan : 

it has to be either always done via MC admin, or via third-party applications. Unfortunately, in your current situation, you won't be able to manually choose exact content on which watermark should be applied as this feature is not supported. And even if we do that for the specified content on our side now, we will have to do so all the time in the future, which is definitely not that comfortable for you.

The big issue with the actual MC watermark feature is that all models who uploaded their content with pre-edited watermarks (before the MC feature was launched) are now forced to keep watermaking themselves with an external software or else they'll have double watermarks on their oldest content. 

AND I guess we get the watermark on Live Shows recording only if we turn the watermark on. I can't turn it on without watermarking my content that is already watermarked. So I'll have all my recorded Live Shows without watermark ? (unless i ask support to do it manually for me but I'm sure you have more important things to do...)

I'd love to start using the MC feature, it saves me a lot of time on CS6. So as someone else already asked, it would be nice to pick and choose which need a watermark.

Sasha already added this suggestion to the request inbox so i'm just being redundant to be sure it's gonna be implemented some days smiley

• I'd really like to know what's going on.

Pop up message on the watermark admin section right now :

Attention:

Please note! Watermark will be applied only on videos and photosets uploaded after watermark enabling.

So does it apply on all content or not when it's turned on ? 

Screen shot : http://i.imgur.com/iw1dZ23.jpg

• Sharleenflry , watermarks will be applied to content uploaded after the feature is enabled only.

• Sharleenflry , watermarks will be applied to content uploaded after the feature is enabled only.

And that's how it was in the first place, when I tested it for the first time a while ago. Then they changed it without any warning.

So now I have double watermarks on almost all my content, it looks absolutely ugly, I've reported this issue 2 weeks ago, and it's still gonna take AGES to fix it. That amongst all the other bugs I have on my site.

Sorry to be whining so much lately, and I know you have thousands of models to deal with. But it's been 3 months that I haven't had my site showing correctly or not displaying any major glitches. And yeh, ofc I'm writting to support, every single day for 1 month now. 

My programmer boyfriend is even considering asking to join your dev team so he could fix my site lol. 

I wish there was someone serious dedicated to fix my site once and for all (one can dream), it just seems something is really wrong with it and that it would need a big clean in the code. But I understand I'm not worth the trouble compared to all the "big" ladies making thousands of $$.

Just one thing tho, with all I earned with my site, I could have bought a personal websites from a web developper + his technical support. And I'd suggest anyone who is not Dani D. to do that instead of MC. 

If you ever change again the watermark feature, I'd LOVE to be informed first...So it wont happen again.

• Hi there Sharleen, 

I apologize for the inconveniences this situation caused you and assure that the task to regenerate content on your site is in progress and marked as ‘Critical’, which means it should be fixed as soon as possible. 

I want to take a minute to explain that the Watermark feature works exactly as it should work – watermarks are applied to content only after this feature is on. The problem on your website appeared only because your content has been previously watermarked. 

Please, stay tuned, your dedicated account manager will contact you shortly.