Google Ad-Words - yay or nay?

I`ve been thinking of getting my website into google ad-words. Has anyone tried it? Is it worth it? I`m a bit of a beginner in all of this....

Comments

• I`ve already almost a monh of activity yet I only have 1 subscriber. Would google ad words do the trick in order to gain more exposure? Has anyone tried it? if so, which were the results?

• good question, im curious too

• As an SEO (NOT an SEM) I feel the only keywords you should ever bid on is your competitors. For example; Ford ain't ever gonna rank for the branded searches for "Chevy". But everyone Googling "Chevy" is obviously looking for a vehicle, therefore to get that kind of search traffic, paid search is the only way to do it.

......Unless of course it's for queries like "Chevy Alternatives" or something like that. Chevy ain't targeting that shit.

But that's just me. I cringe when I see people investing in paid search, but not investing in the content strategy required to rank organically for those terms. Lot of effort, but once you're ranked, it's usually not too difficult to maintain dominance in the SERPs.

If you ever want to pick my brain on SEO, feel free to shoot an email to info@webcamstartup.com. Top tier. One of those hypothetical SEOs that'll launch a niche site for the sole purpose of testing out specific algo signals. Used to work for an agency as well as freelancing before started making enough money freelancing to where I could quit the job and fire the clients.

• Outside of that, I think there's a restriction on AdWords and adult sites. Don't quote me on that though. See a lot of camming network's recruiting sites bidding on terms, but that isn't exactly explicit material.