How to set up Ecommerce Tracking in Google Analytics

The ModelCentro Team is getting many questions about tracking sales and conversions via Google Analytics lately. That’s why we decided to create a detailed guide about setting up Ecommerce in GA. 

Ecommerce tracking allows you to see all the sales, time of sales, conversion rates, etc on your website. These reports might also help you to analyze which traffic sources bring you more sales and put additional efforts into developing them. 

Here's the data you will see when using Ecommerce for tracking sales on MC-based websites: 

Product - your ModelCentro website

Product SKU - technical information, purchase option type unique identifier

Product category – join/tip/gift/unlock/chargeback/refund

Please note: revenue amount is not displayed in GA.

To enable Ecommerce data, you need to: 

1.Sign in to Google Analytics;

2. Go to "Admin";

3. Select appropriate "Account" - "Property" and "View" for your MC site from 3 drop-downs

4. In "View" menu click on E-commerce settings:

Here, set up the following:

1. Enable e-commerce:

2. Status - ON

3. Enable Related Products - OFF

4. Enhanced E-commerce Settings - OFF

5. Click "Submit"

Additionally, if you have not set this up yet, make sure that you connect your GA and ModelCentro accounts. To do that in your admin panel, go to:

1.    My Site (top menu);

2.    Apps (left menu);

3.    Add your GA Tracking code as seen on example screenshot. 

Then, to see the Ecommerce data, you will need to: 

1.    Sign in to your Analytics account;

2.    Go to ‘View’;

3.    Select the ‘Reporting’ tab;

4.    Select ‘Conversions’ > ‘Ecommerce’

Besides these dedicated reports, Ecommerce data will become available through many other reports in Google Analytics. For example, if you enter "Acquisition" - "All Traffic" - "Source/medium" report, you will be able to see Ecommerce conversion rate and number of Transactions for every traffic source.

Comments

• This was extremely helpful, Thank you so much!

• Hey @SashaGreen (I'll copy @Natalie too) Who's responsible for producing those awesome tutorial videos you do? This would be a great one to cover. Especially since navigating the GA dashboard might be a little overwhelming for people who aren't used to wokring with analytical suites.

• Yay this is awesome and so helpful! Thank you guys! I think I set it up right but my stats are showing 0 for the past month. Is this something that will show up for future conversions, and just won't show past stats?

• WebcamStartup, our department is responsible for producing tutorial videos, thank you for calling them awesome laugh I'll make a task for my college to create a GA video tutorial :) 

HaydenBlue, GA won't show you the past stats, it starts to work after the required settings are done 

• wow this have being super needed thing! Thank you MC so much! 

• edited August 2016

@SashaGreen didn't you annonce it in our the dashboards?  i missed it somehow

• will we get this statistic updating day by day or once a month? 

• jeny smith, I've made an announcement :)  GA data updates every 40 seconds 

• edited August 2016

@SashaGreen  mine is not working then. 10 hours left and zeros 

• will contact support

• I was wrong, i've got some statistics! thank you MC!

• Is pretty impressive. Got a chance to check it out in action on a girl's site. Don't even have to setup conversion rules or anything!