New Photos on Twitter

Great news about the latest Twitter update. Though likely some things will be wonky for a little bit, it looks like most of the changes are good.

The good change is in the layout of the photos. Twitter has been putting bigger importance on photos for a while. As social media becomes more image oriented, Twitter is recognizing that impact.  It use to be that when you posted a pic it would give you a cropped version of that photo. Sometimes it wouldn't even give you a preview at all, if your sizing dimensions were not correct.  That has all changed. 

Twitter will now be showing the entire photograph! They have also changed the layout of their photo grid to put the first photo you have loaded as bigger and the subsequent ones as thumnails.  

With Twitter becoming more photocentric, I recommend posting more photos! Now that people will be able to see your entire photo, we are likely going to see an increase in engagement.  Make sure you include a link with your photos, and hashtags. 

In your Twitter analytics: analytics.twitter.com you can expand the analytics of a tweet to see what type of clicking people are doing on your tweet. So you can see if it is just an image expansion or if it is actually a click through to your link.  Start looking for patterns like, people click links when the pic is non-nude. That way you can start adjusting your content for that result!

Tagged:

Comments

• awesome ! I didn't know that ! thank you !

• oh i checked this and well it enlightened me ... i dont post the link on every post because i was thinking they would check it on the next post but I guess we have to make an effort and be professional ... post the link everytime because really they might be half blind ...

• Since most people are not viewing your tweets from your profile, there is a chance they may not even see your next tweet. Another reason why it is good to include links. 

• Thanks! I'll look at that now!

Ed

• edited July 2016
    Ugh! Now, when I Tweet a link to the MC part of my website I get a horrible generic picture link. Can I change this? I don't want any picture unless I choose one relevant to the post.       
  • Rebecca , we have implemented the feature called Twitter cards that helps models to attract more traffic to their sites. The feature takes an image from a site page you are linking to and adds it to a Twitter post. Looks like the fact that you have a generic picture added is a bug, could you please report it to support at modelcentro dot com with some screenshots? 

• edited July 2016

Thank you @SashaGreen, I will do. I have a screen shot, there's no picture, just a graphic and blurb, which wasn't the kind of thing I would post. Is ther a way to not have cards?

• edited July 2016
    It looks as though, if I Tweet a picture with the link I don't get the card :o) Phew!
  • @Rebecca, I promise, once you have the issue with pictures fixed, you'll start to take a great advantage of this feature. Twitter experts assure that cards get 40% more clicks than regular posts and that's why we have actually implemented the functionality. For now, there's no way to turn it off, but we'll probably add this option in the future cheeky

• @SashaGreen  can the text be edited?

• Rebecca, for now there's no way to change the text, but we'll add it in the future. Please note, all the texts have been created by @7veils who are real Twitter experts and definitely know how to create a text which will attract paying members

• Ok, thank you.

• Well, not on the main pages, as far as I know all the links to the actual updates (like blog posts or new videos/photos) should automatically pull up the title and description. @Rebecca, so at least that much can be diversified. It will only show default texts if you didn't write  a description in the meta when adding pictures and videos.

• Ah, thank you, @Natalie, that's interesting :o)