Hi, new gaycam dude here looking to maximize my potential

How's it going guys?

I had been considering doing cams for some time an finally dove in this week on Chaturbate. I feel like I've done pretty well considering my journey into the unknown. In 3 days of broadcasting I have gained 550 followers, made a very decent amount of money, and even been bought a new $800 lenovo laptop. I do, however, worry that I will not be able to keep the attention of my followers. It seems everyone just masturbates a lot as far as the guys go... and I just think that will eventually get old. I'm working on some new innovative ideas that I could do to start my show.... and then of course maybe end with a #cumshow because that's what they're waiting for apparently, right?

I do have trouble with things like.... whenever everyone in the room decides they aren't going to get involved in the discussion or the tips aren't moving along to keep the show going. But generally in that scenarious I just try to look cute and talk about something random or weird. 

Sidenote: I desperately want a sleeve (tattoo) and thought there may be some tattoo lovers out there who are fans that might all be willing to pitch in in some way to fund it. any ideas?

Comments

• shaneotteroncam and welcome to ModelCentro!

I don't know much about camming on CB, and much less for the gay niche, so not much advice I can provide you with there. I know that Flirt4Free was famous for being big on gay cams, but that may be more bad than good for someone who's starting out since they'll also have a lot of models available for their gay traffic.

Have you created a website for yourself yet, and are you planning to? It is a good tool to keep fans coming back and entertained. The creative struggles are always the worst, but I'm sure you'll be able to do well with it - knowing that you need to diversify and find "your thing" is basically half the battle.

Again, welcome and hope this works out really well for you!

P.S. you'll soon be able to use the crowdfunding technology to fund your tat! :) Stay tuned, there will be an announement.

• Hey @shaneotteroncam, Chaturbate is definetly a good site and I'm happy you already see some results. Most of the time it takes some time to get some revenue in... You might want to sign up on other platforms too, that maybe differs from the tip based site. Sites where members are looking more for a 101 experience with the private chat session.

In this regard, Flirt4Free, as Natalie mentioned, and Streamate are the biggest in terms audience and traffic overall. Cameraboys and Supermen.com are good platform as well, and well known in the gay community, or Kinkmen if you think that is your niche.

I would suggest to create your own fan site, especially if your follower base is growing day by day. With your own site you'll be able to monetize your followers and content even when you're offline, and definetly can help you get that tattoo ;)

• RobRob
    edited June 2016

Hey Shane,

I think you are the first gay guy I have seen on modelcentro site and I'm glad that you are here.  If you are just strating with webcamming.  Chaturbate is honestly in my opinion for more experienced models.  I started originally with flirt4free then expanded to streamate, and even randyblue.  There are a lot to consider as far as which site is best to get your feet wet. Flirt 4 free in my opinion is a lot easier for beginners to naviate in their platform as a MODEL and i enjoyed that.  But it is very competitive for sure and you have to somewhat stand out and have something different to offer.  I think the main differeces between flirt4free, streamate, and Randyblue versus CB is that CB is a lot more laid back as far as what you can mention and say when your broadcasting.  They allow you to advertise your personal site as long as no live streaming is offered, also email etc.  So that makes it easy to use CB to promote your personal site etc.  The good think about the other site is that you are not allowed to show any private parts unless its in a private group or party chat. This is a good thing at times because it forces your viewer to tip or take you private etc.  Where CB allows you to show anything in public no matter what.  The viewers from site to site I found are very different and I had to change the way I did my shows because of it.  I suggest you checkout the other sites and see how it operates and see for yourself.  Again welcome and always enjoy to collaborate with other models. 

Rob A.