How long do you make your clips

Hey all, How long do you make your video clips? I normally do my clips about 3 to 5min and some 10 min long. 

Comments

• I usually make mine about 8-12 mins. My tease ones are a little shorter usually between 6-8mins. I find most people are happy with the length of my vids.

• mine vary, I have anything between 3 and 40 mins, I think 3 mins is minimum in my mind, I see some girls with clips of under a minute and of course when you look at their site the clips show as 0 minutes, and they wonder why not many people sign up !

There has to be a sense of value.

• There has to be a sense of value. - for sure!

• Thanks ladies for your input. I had a fan tell me he wanted to see longer clips and I asked him what is long to him. He wants to see 20 to 30 min long clips. Glad to hear I am not making mine to short. I am going to work on making some a little longer.

• I would say minimum lenght 3 min, but it always better to have longer videos, so you can easly cut them and give clips to your affiliates for promotion! 

• edited June 2016

The producers I've talked to (most selling individual clips) seem to find that 10-20 min performs best. Anything longer and they have to start discounting past what they generally try charging per min (usually ballpark $1/min, but varies) in order to generate sales.

Of course there's tons of variables that go into pricing, but that's just kind of my takeaway from talking to many different producers.

The fanclub game is obviously different than selling individual clips. Haven't really talked to many models on what kind of content strategy works best for acquisition and retention. I'll be curious to see some of the other responses.