Questions and Opinions: Pricing Per Month/Content Before Launch/Frequently Update?

So I'm getting serious and am going to launch my site at the end of the month. 

I'm curious on opinions about

pricing - I see the 2 most popular options are 19.99/month and 29.99/month. I'm conflicted. On one hand $20/month would be more accessible for guys. On the other hand they're getting a TON of content and they are able to download it all? - so, $30? This isn't my only income on video content so it's not like I'd be relying on JUST that, there are about 9 other good clip sites you can pull in $ from video income with individual sales. IDK. Like I said, torn - what are your opinions on pricing? My worry is pricing myself too high and guys go "nah uh!" and I won't get a single sign up lol.

how much content you should have before you launch? - Obviously you need SOME content. Guys won't join for a full month subscription if you only have 4 videos to watch. But what do you feel is enough before launching? 30/60/90 videos? 

how frequently should you update? - I personally wouldn't do it daily... 4 times a week tops. I've been looking at other paysites and some girls only update 2 times a month, some daily, some once a week. How do you feel about it? 

cam shows/video/photos - are you including all of it? - I see girls offering voyeur shows, hangout camshows, member shows multiple times a week, or some even offer free shows with individual members...how do you get through all the guys if you have like 500 members?? Seems like an exhausting amount of work!

My site is going to be heavily video based. Maybe some generic vanilla/JOI type shows for all the members once or twice a month but I'm really heavy on clips, will have a ton of content - and I feel if they would like something super personal / specific in a live show they can buy a camshow with me on Skype or SM.

Comments

• Also, yes to downloads? or no downloads? 

Having no downloads tends to hurt a site, I'm reading. Guys want more more more. If I disallow downloads I'm afraid they'd be pissed. 
    On one hand, all of my videos are watermarked. Other hand...it's all of my videos for $20/$30. When I could be making $700 from a clip store purchase. (ouch) 

Here's an idea tho - Could we LIMIT the amount of content they can download a month???? Please, pretty please. lol

Like allow 5 (or XX whatever amount the model sets) downloads a month, per month?? That way they can't just do a mass sweep of all of my stuff. Something like that I would be waaaaayyy more comfortable with. And they couldn't whine that they didn't get any downloads.

And a way to disallow downloads for a trial signup. I don't want some a-hole downloading things for $3. 

Thoughts?
  • Hi Hayden and Welcome aboard!

1.Pricing. With your own site, you are your own boss. So, you can set any subscription prices you want. Usually, I see that setting a fairly high monthly rate and doing occasional promotions with discounted join options is the best way to go.
    As for downloads, you can easily disable them through the personal admin. Just choose 'Never' from the drop down menu on http://modelcentro.com/content-settings

Right now we are working on 'Sending paid content' functionality. So you will have an ability to sell your content even without connecting external services. We also will be adding a pay-per-video store functionality that will be available outside of site membership, but this might take some time before it’s live, possibly 4-6 months.

2. Updates.  We would recommend to update your website's content at least 2 times per week to keep your fans interested. Also try to keep your blog more less regular - it's a great way to improve SEO and get more paid members. As to amount of content – I can very well see a site being successful if it starts at 30 videos/photosets. Keep in mind that members get much more than just videos when they join. They get to message you, comment on your videos and photos, interact with other fans of yours. The interaction is what they can’t buy anywhere else and it will keep them paying even if the number of videos is not in the 100s.

3. Live Shows. There is an ability to broadcast live shows - public or private. There is no limit on number of members who are watching your Live show at the same time, so you can broadcast you live show for even 500 members :) As for a private live shows, you are always free to decide whether you want to do that or not, but I would recommend asking for a substantial tip before you do the private show ;) 

There is also an ability to connect Streamate App to your MC-based website. This way you'll be able to run LiveShows on Streamate while all registered ModelCentro site fans can watch the shows right on your personal website on MC.

I hope some of the models who are actively making sales see this thread and share their view. I decided to pitch in with a general overview.
  • I currently have 156 videos on FurPassion with another 35 currently scheduled.
    Guys REALLY like the free previews, and I download them using the "get them all" chrome extension, and upload the safe for work ones to my youtube channel. 

I found that 19.99 with downloads, as I started out, really sold well. However, back in October I had a scare about pirated content, and I also realized that my clips4sale sales were flatlined, so I disabled downloads. I also noticed that guys would join for 1 month, presumably download everything, and not renew. Ditto for joining for 24 hours (my "trial" option)- they would presumably join just to get the ONE clip that cost $14.99 on clips4sale. Guys complained when I disabled downloads, ofcourse! However, when I disabled downloads, new membership sales totally flatlined. 

I have twice a week video updates scheduled for the next few months. I am also posting the 2-5 minute versions AND the long versions. This way guys can go to the clips they want, or they can watch the whole 15-20 minute longer version at once. It also makes it look like I update a TON without producing obscene amounts of new clips :-) 

Now, I am re-doing things, because I think I've figured out a win-win-win. In February I am going re-enable downloads and will be rolling out a staggered pricing model: 
    $75 for the first month and $35 per month recurring.  
    $177 for a 6 month subscription (which ends up being about $29/month)
    $299 for 1 year (about $25/month)

If a guy is going to join for just 1 month and download all my content, he needs to pay for it. I might slip in a 3 month subscription option for $99. 
    But by making the initial monthly price high, psychologically, it should set the value of the content that I am offering, higher than just $25.

I got this idea from a webinar about setting prices for photography services :-)

Right now, my site is the ONLY one that offers fur coat destruction, burning, and showering/hottub wet clips. With my increased rates, I am going to be better about doing weekly members camshows. 

I still have more clips to preload and organize. After this I will be focusing more on developing KaitlinK.com, my general fetish stuff which pays off better on clips4sale. I have that set at 19.99 with allowing downloads, but once I get to 100 clips and enough content to update atleast 2x a week with videos, I will be raising rates similarly, simply because otherwise I am competing too much with selling the clips individually. 

... and OMG - cannot wait to see this functionality!!!
    Right now we are working on 'Sending paid content' functionality. So you will have an ability to sell your content even without connecting external services. We also will be adding a pay-per-video store functionality that will be available outside of site membership, but this might take some time before it’s live, possibly 4-6 months.