Custom Length Previews

I don't have previews turn on on my account, I find that often the preview length is WAY too generous, could we have a custom preview option so we can set a preview length clip for clip?

it would be great to be able to cut the preview as soon as the going gets good.

I can see the benefits of previews but the standard length isn't good for my clips in my opinon.

Comments

• I would love to be able to upload my own preview. I make my own previews for clips4sale I include about 10 seconds from the beginning, 10 seconds from the middle, and 10 seconds from the end. That way they have an idea of the full range of the video. I would absolutely turn my previews on and get better sales, but not if it's just the full first 45 seconds of the video. 

• I'd highly suggest turning previews on, even if the preview times are generous. The preview videos get indexed in Google video search, and the preview pages have the ability to rank in the normal SERPs for various longtail search results. The one thing I've noticed from doing SEO audit on MC sites is that a lot of models aren't focusing enough on the pages that aren't behind the paywall; blogging, video previews, ect.

• I'm going to experiment by turning on previews for a week and see if I get a boost in my sign up numbers.

I still think a custom preview option to set the preview to cut at the "money shot" on each clip to maximize the tease would be a killer feature.

• For sure. Hell, being able to upload a custom 'preview video' for that matter would be insanely awesome. Anything to give more control over any element of the site is always gonna be awesome.

I'd suggest turning them on for a bit longer than a week and also watching your Google Webmaster Tools to see if there's at least a spike in impressions.

Shit, did MC ever configure the landing page after a new registertration to something that could be used with Google Analytics conversion goals? It'd be nice to know what traffic sources are converting to begin with, and to see if any raise in organic traffic results in more conversions.

MC doesn't allow for sitemaps, so depending on how often a site gets crawled, a week might not even be long enough for all the content to get indexed, let alone ranked.

• edited April 2016

busty_von_tease, thank you for the request, it is already on our 'to do' list :) 

• @SashaGreen ! yay ! oh that wonderful list ! lol

thanks !

• @busty_von_tease it does sound like we say that about pretty much every suggestion there is - and it's not because we're just boasting this long list - it really is in the huge inbox/feature requests board, we've done massive planning and have gotten a lot of requests via private messages as well, and it keeps growing. We shuffle around the priorities to try to get the "wants" in with the "needs" and what we think will do very well for the majority, and we take models' feedback and affiliates' feedback and user's feedback and try to successfully use all that aggregated knowledge to choose wisely on what can be done right now and what must be done soon and what will have to wait. That being said, we do get quite a lot done, considering the pool of tasks and the way we keep posting updates about new features or releases all the time. One of the major achievements of this week, besides the Mobile App, which is pretty big on its own, was the team's completed effort at speeding up the platform and the sites on it. We will continue working on the improvements, but they were able to, already, cut down load time by 40%, so that's another thing we try to constantly focus on - speeding up and of course stabilizing any of the issue-prone sections, like content encoding. With that I'm kind of taking you "behind the scenes", but I just wanted to make sure you and other people on this forum know of the hard work the coders put in, and have been putting in, on "core" tasks, although it's not a prominent separate feature we can make a pretty press release about.

P.S. please excuse the long rant... just had to put this out there

• @Natalie, that 40% load-time reduction is huge, I would have announced that in the forum (or is it saved for a feature friday?) That's very exciting! I'm going to have to browse around and see how noticable it is. I'm out in the boonies so I don't have the greatest internet out here. Perfect position to test all of that!

Exciting to hear. Almost as exciting as the mobile app release, which is huge. I actually get some direct model-inquiries about sites that have apps models can use to monetize, so it's cool that I can now name-drop you guys when that happens. There gonna be an Android in the near future?

• @Natalie thats awesome news, thanks for the rant ! its great to hear behind the scenes news as well as acceptance of suggestions ! keep the rants and the updates coming please !!!

• Just checked my site and it does seem to load quite a bit faster. Does this load time have any effect on live shows? 

• I agree - it's an awesome feat, although I was saving it up for Feature Friday, hopefully with the roll out of a few more important, though more minor features. The bigger ones require an announcement of their own, they're too big to be in a digest... like the app's release. We're now working with the CDN networks to cover areas more distant (AKA boonies), so there's hope for your load speed to improve even more, @WebcamStartup.

@busty_von-tease thanks, will keep the sincere, but winding posts coming  lol... I cut down like 50% of it too - I guess I'm getting old - starting to write extra wordily. Bare with me, it's just my birthday's this week so I it's that whole pre-b-day gloom.

@AlexEmpire this would be the general load speed of pages, so - the live show page would load quicker too, but the stereaming should be the same. However, if you've tried the new live show app, that should be way better, especially if you go with the desktop app vs. doing it via browser app.