A few requests

First off, I love this platform! You guys are so helpful and I've loved setting my site up through you. :)

There are a few things that could make it easier for me:

1. A discounted rate for 1, 2 or 3 months, that then renews into a full price membership. It would be great if I could give people a 1 month membership for cheaper as a prize or present, but not have it always be that low price every month. This would be an option that I could choose to hide or not. So for example, maybe I turn on the option so everyone who goes to my site in June can pay a discount for that month. Or maybe I could have it turned off to the public, and given as an option to just one person, using a discount code or something of the sort.

2. I would like to be able to pick the photos for the photo preview on my site without rearranging the actual photo set. You can arrange video still previews, but it isn't possible to do that with the photos without disrupting the flow of the set.

3. It would be cool to be able to easily email members through the site. I don't think they all log in often, and so they miss things like me announcing webcam shows and such. 

4. Lastly, it would be helpful to have the option to disable downloads for the trial period. I feel like for my website to be successful right now I need to have downloads enabled, because my videos are available for sale on clip sites and it seems unfair to only offer streaming here. But I hate the idea of people getting to download all my content during a trial period, and then leave. I would even occasionally offer a cheaper trial than what I currently have if I could disable downloads during this time. 

By the way, the new watermark feature is AMAZING. I want to kiss all your faces. 
x x x

Comments

• edited May 2015
    Hey @AJ, thank you for  such a great feedback :) 

1. I'll add you rrequest to our 'incoming requests list'. Anyway, for now, if you would like to give away a membership as a prize, there's an ability to add members manually from the admin.

2. This functionality is in the works right now. I noticed, that your website has been built on the old Autumn skin. Would you like us to move it to the New Autumn ( you'll be able to compare sites in the editor and decide whether to save it or go back to the existing option) 

3.4.  We are working on these feats :) 

• edited May 2015
    Sasha Green actually #1 is already in the request list. Please look up status and see when they'll finally get to it.

And #3 is actually something almost done - I know cuz I was writing the notification texts. Your users will get an email with your message and a prompt to log in automatically when you message them on the site.

4 is also in the works as part of a larger task - membership levels and things that are allowed or not allowed for certain member groups go beyond just downloads.
  • What is the new watermark feature? I've been putting off watermarking my pics, waiting for an easy way to do it through MC in bulk...
  • sigh... we were trying to soft-launch and test things out - still too many glitches. It's like an easter egg - hidden inside the admin till we work out the kinks :)
  • @dirtylittleholly - but it's there and I guess starting to get found :)
  • The text is more or less fine so far, image watermarks are giving us a headache, plus the old/new content separation and what needs to be marked and what not... so still screwing in bolts.
  • Woohoo! That's great news :)
  • Somehow my Image Watermarks Corrected themself. Cause they went and Looked at it and it was Fixed. then I looked from my Side and it was as Well
  • edited May 2015
    @natalie Found it ;)

...and it works wonderfully!
  • Hey girls!
    in case if you have problems with MC watermark feature -
    my husband watermarks my pics by few clicks. He uses adobe lightroom app and package watermark feature. You only need to choose design and the place on the photo once.
  • edited March 2016

I agree all downloads should be disabled in the trial period. I would love to see other changes in video downloads as well. I tried to post a new topic but it wouldn't let me. (edit: oops my newbness figured out I had to post a comment before I was allowed to post a new topic, but I'll leave this here because it's halfway relevant and it won't let me delete the comment)

I currently do not allow video downloads on my site. With the way things are set up now if downloads were allowed, someone could join the 1-Day Trial, download all available videos, cancel membership, and then never come back. And if I included downloads in the membership, what is the incentive to keep them coming back each month if they can just download everything to their personal computer on day 1? For me, video downloads will never be included with site membership. I want people to pay each month to access my streaming videos. On my other sites (ManyVids/Chaturbate) the price to download all my videos is $200, and individually they are priced between $5 and $40 each. It just does not make sense for me to include video downloads with membership.

I wish there were other options to allow video downloads through my ModelCentro site. I want to put a download price on each video and photoset. Ideally, nonmembers would pay full price, while members could get a discount.

I would love to see these options for each video and photoset:

-free streaming to nonmembers (currently available)

-streaming to members only (currently available)

-download included with membership (currently available)

-download price for nonmembers (please add)

-download discount price for members (please add)

Ideally, site visitors could build a shopping cart of things they wanted to download and then checkout as either a nonmember or a member.