Anyone Got Experience Selling Scenes / Content For Redistribution?

AdultCentro can probably shed some light on the matter, and it could actually be a value-add if they can find some way to easily sync AC and MC, so that MC models can place their content on the AC marketplace. Just sayin ;)

Anyone have any experience selling content for redistribution? If so, I'd be really interested to know how profitable it is, what networks you use and any other experience you might have. I'm completely brand new to the concept, but curious.

And back to AdultCentro; I do have traffic and inqueries about how to go about selling content for distribution / resell, opposed to selling directly to the end-user. If this is something that AC can facilitate, then we should be opening up dialogues on a content strategy. In addition to amateur model traffic, I also get tons of webmaster and paysite / studio traffic, within and outside of the camming niche.

Comments

• edited February 2016

Hey @WebcamStartup! Not sure how I missed this yesterday, crazy busy these days with stacks of business cards after the conference.

We considered adding a "send to licensing" button in the future, but it's not a priority since we figured most wouldn't want to do that anyway, and those who do can come to us and have the content added via our cloud as a content seller. Some differences are that 2257 requirements are much more strict, you must have full rights to the content and reselling it, and authority to sign licenses. As result, after licensing out content, it can be used by the person who purchased it as per the license agreement terms, so you're no longer the exclusive owner, that you also have to remember. That being said, we have a high demand for softcore right now - both straight and gay, which may be something you'd like to learn more about making money with. This would be videos and photos without nudity, with some teasing at most. These would sell well and are really easy to make, so - something to consider for the future.

Let me kind of recap on AC here, so it doesn't sound like we're hiding anything, and I'll try to keep the "pitch to a minimum and go with bare facts since we're not actively advertising AC on this forum. I want to re-iterate that although AC and MC use the same cloud system and some of the same technology, and were/are built by the same team of people, they are essentially separate and not in any way mixed (i.e. your content doesn't get sent anywhere but your site when uploaded to MC).

AdultCentro is a content licensing and leasing platform, consisting of:

AC Market - "Content rights Ebay" - the currently 160 000 products legal (sexy/adult) content licensing marketplace.

AC Publisher - Video content leasing product on a per-GB basis, with 100 000+ videos at the moment, where content is delivered to site owners via feeds, standalone sites or API.

AC Channels - Premium video content leasing product on revshare basis, with 80+ channels from top brands in very high quality - upsell/members area plug in.

AC Cloud - the storage, processing and delivery of content system.

In terms of content monetization, for MC models it's probably only worth starting with AC Market, document requirements and quality selectivity on AC Publisher and Channels are fairly high, not sure if much of the content might get through the approvals. You do already use the Cloud if you use MC, you just don't know it because it's seamlessly built into the back end/storage system of your site and there's no cost of using it to you. The cloud dev team are the silent cardinals that fix things when there are content jams on processing and your video takes 5 hours to generate thumbnails :) It is also their achievement when everything runs smoothly, which it usually does.

Some models currently test AC Channels as a plug in for their sites. We're running that in closed beta to see results (and if it's worth the work load) before giving the option to everyone.

• That's interesting. I wouldn't have imagined there'd be a huge demand for softcore. I've got some content on doing non-nude performances, ect. Maybe I go back and edit it to give you guys a plug in there. I do get traffic and inqueries about just that as well.

• I've sold very niche fetish content for redistribution. Usually I've been approached on my personal fetlife page that I present myself as a photographer and producer on. I have the materials (studio space, good lighting, professional grade camera), although you wouldn't know it from most of my clips. There's also the xbiz forums for finding places to sell and at one point I looked into that... but finding local models who want to make adult content (not even explicit) has been my biggest roadblock :( 

Adult stock content is a higher quality standard than I usually give to my custom clips and "bread and butter" content though. I can only think of about 5-8 (long - not counting the shorter clips I made) clips out of the hundreds that I have, that I would put out on a marketplace. 

The possibilities of having this integrated are pretty intriguing, though! 

• KaitlinK - FurPassion,

If you ever want me to put out a blog post calling out to models in your area, I'd be happy to do that. I don't have that many regional serach engine rankings, due to the fact that I'm not targeting any specific regions. Could be some valuable longtails for me, as I could get some new signups in addition to generating you some regional leads.

Link to your website would also help with SEO ;)

• @WebcamStartup the demand for softcore is due to mobile markets - there are strict restrictions as to what can be sold over mobile carrier billing, so those who want to run carrier billing have to get a lot of softcore content, which is non-existent compared to the amounts of hardcore that is available.

• @WebcamStartup - I am not really "out" locally, so that limits the effectiveness of my attempts to find models. 

There is a huge double standard that a guy can shoot sexy-gals/adult-content as a "hobby" and still be fairly respected as an engineer or whatever he does, but that women cannot participate while maintaining the same professional respect in the mainstream... I could rant :-) But thanks for the offer. 

I just need to get things into position with my life and safety planning that I can be a little more "out" without some PETA or anti-sex-work nut following through on a threat to burn down my fur collection.