Suggestions for Models

Customs4U has just Released a Safer Wishlist Option for Models

Now you dont have to Worry about Any personal Information to Released
Safer the Amazon
Tagged:

Comments

• edited February 2015
    thats one main reason why i never created a wishlist i didnt want my information leaked good looking out Cher Maybe Model centro Team can add this alongside amazon
  • Hi girls,
    Actually, when somebody wants to buy something for you from your Amazon wish list, he/she won't be able to see your full address, just a city and a state. 
    This is how a user see your info:
    Your Stage Name
    City,State
    (Full address hidden for privacy.)
    Anyway, I'll talk to our developers whether we are able to connect another wish list service.

• edited February 2015
    Sasha Acaually if Amazon Goes through a 3rd Party site a Models Address is Shared. A few girls had a Few Problems with that

Amazon doesnt share but the third Party site does. thats the only flow with there system

also brought up to me was Models wishlist being shut down 

• Thanks Cher, I'll do a bit more research and take it up to our board. 

From what I heard Amazon fixed those - was two years ago or so that they had the "notify upon receipt" option that did sometimes give out the recipient's info. That, as far as I know, was in 2012-2013 and they've fixed that almost immediately after a few scandals over it.
  • edited February 2015
    I signed up for Delivery Code a couple days ago, but I haven't started using it yet. I think Amazon is still everyone's best bet for actually having people purchase you gifts because it's a trust site.

If you're worried about using Amazon because of third-party companies getting your address and possibly sharing them, there is a solution. Go to your wishlist, click on List Actions on the top right, click on Update List Profile. Once on that page, uncheck the box that says "Third party shipping agreement: Yes, let Amazon.com share my wish list shipping address with third-party merchants to ship purchases from this wish list."

This will make it so people can only purchase you items off your wishlist that ship through Amazon, eliminating third-parties getting, and possibly sharing, your address.

The downside is that you can only add items that ship from Amazon to your wishlist, but to get around that, you can add Amazon gift cards and then purchase items from other sellers yourself if someone buys you a gift card.
  • You got the Message from FreeOnes also @dirtylittleholly
  • Thanks so much, Holly!
  • Yep. Haven't decided if I'm actually gonna use it yet though.
  • Unsure but I am keeping Most my Wishlist Stuff on Amazon for now.
  • One thing you can do ladies is get a PO Box I use one so this doesn't happen.
  • I don't use Amazon so I'd love to be able to use Delivery Code on MC. It's completely anonymous and it's made specifically by people in the industry for people in the industry - so +1 from me! And with the headache Amazon is becoming I don't want to use them much anymore. 

- Amazon/UPS will give out your address to a buyer for 3rd party sellers. 

- Even Amazon items have this issue, if they want faster shipping they can call FedEx and they will give out the address. 

- You have to check your list daily, items change, and where they were once listed by Amazon they will be a 3rd party when Amazon is out of stock. 

- They can buy something on your wishlist that is from Amazon, then buy something not on your list from a 3rd party seller and they will get your address. All they have to do is edit items in checkout. 

- I live in a small town, and don't even want my city/state showing up on Amazon. 

- I don't want a PO box either. Again, I just don't want it showing my state or anywhere near my city.

- Mail Forwarding services can get expensive and if I'm not getting  gifts each month it's not worth paying $50+ for just a few months.

- You can even get giftcards refunded if a customer complains/or its fraud. 

- They are now shutting down accounts - both buyer and receiver -  even for sending giftcards to adult related parties - it recently happened to a girl on SW. 

- Amazon does not allow adult, and if they find you linking back to an adult site (they are checking now) they will shut down your account and possibly ban you? I use Amazon frequently, so I won't take that risk. 

So, yeah. Overall I don't want to use Amazon - or just for giftcards and use it rarely. 
  • I like the New Wishlist
    Opition
  • I don't use Amazon so I'd love to be able to use Delivery Code on MC I've already signed up also and am promoting everywhere via social network . Ill be very pleased if you can offer it via MC website =)  http://www.deliverycode.com/wishlist/409
  • Please don't take away Amazon. If you can please keep it to
  • edited February 2015
    Kris you have a Chance of Amazon Banning you from using them

Amazon is Ran on Google as I am Reading

Google as Started an All Out War Against the Adult Industry at this Moment

No More Adult Blogger Accounts
    No More Tumblr (They are now Terminating Accounts of Adult Entertainers)

All I say is be careful if your going to use it, as Even FreeOnes doesnt Suggest Amazon to be used for wishlist

Also This Wishlist Option allows you add any Item from Any Store on the Web and Not just Amazon
  • @Kris, we'll definitely keep Amazon, no worries :)
  • Thank you ladies for the warning but I love amazon and I will take that chance. Awesome Sasha
  • Just Concerned is all. Just make sure not to link your site on their Side and you maybe safe
  • I'd love to throw in my vote to add deliverycode! I'm currently in the process of switching over to them as my wishlist as well! So much safer and very awesome! 
  • You can already use that for a wishlist link - but adding it anywhere on the page and linking to your wishlist.
  • Well sure, but that's a whole different thing than having it as a clickable link in your menu. One is obvious at all times, another is easily buried by an already overwhelming amount of information. 
  • Yes please add DeliveryCode as a link for our wishlist. It really is the safest wishlist for models.
  • I prefer Amazon and have used them for years. I honestly cannot see myself using anything else. I use a PO Box so there's no chance of someone getting my address.
  • Please Add DeliveryCode! I love them, I hate using amazon gift cards and I will not put my address on my wishlist. DeliveryCode makes it so much easier and their gift vouchers are great.

"No More Tumblr (They are now Terminating Accounts of Adult Entertainers)"

Tumblr has no intention of getting rid of adult-oriented blogs. They'll remove accounts that do not flag their blogs NSFW, that's it. 

• that's not true, Tumblr has every intention of getting rid of blogs for sex workers - that is, if it's clear that you're making money off of it. that's in the TOS. not sure if it was a recent change but people were also talking about how they have the right to remove blogs for stuff like etsy shops. but of course they aren't actually going to go out of their way to do that.

anyway, delivery code SEEMS great... anyone want to talk about their experiences actually getting stuff delivered?

i've noticed that:
    • Ebay is "not allowed"
    • ...but you can still add stuff from ebay, it will work, just don't be surprised if EVERYTHING has a +29.99$ "shipping fee" (including stuff that is 2$ and free international shipping)
    • speaking of which, it only works with stores that offer international shipping?
    • yeah so one of the reasons i asked about that is i'm wondering if it actually goes through an international shipping center first? that seems very flawed and unnecessary and could easily double the ship times of most items.
    • doesn't work for amazon (like, at ALL) which just seems silly cause that's their one obvious competitor
    • i've been able to find some products i like from smaller sites that work, but it looks like they still have to have the site in their system or something otherwise there is a default 29.99 charge (thats ON TOP OF the deliverycode fee)
    like, i can see it being great for people who regularly have fans spending a couple hundred on them, but i'd prefer to actually be considerate of my fans. like a lot of the stuff i get bought for me is just lube and cheap dildos or whatever, less than 30$ to begin with. i'm considering getting a PO box as a live in a bigger city, or maybe looking at some other simpler kind of service that gives you another address and they just forward the stuff to you. 
  • edited June 2015
    I gotten 3 Packages off my Delivery Code Wish List

I Say they are awesome

You can Add Amazon Items to your Wish List.

I am Still Hearing of Peoples Amazon Wish List Being Removed as of Recently
  • Yeah, the $29.99 shipping turns guys away from Delivery Code for sure. That doubles the price of most of the items I have on mine. I still use Amazon, and haven't had any problems with them. I've returned and exchanged plenty of items, so they have interacted with me many times, and haven't shut down by wishlist. I think as long as you don't actually post a link to your site, you'll be fine with Amazon.

And you can choose to keep your address hidden, and even block third party sellers if you don't feel comfortable with anyone except Amazon having it.
  • I am Considering Setting up a Amazon but with what I hearing it makes me Nervous
  •  

Marie Compost 

that's not true, Tumblr has every intention of getting rid of blogs for sex workers - that is, if it's clear that you're making money off of it. that's in the TOS."

I can't find this anywhere in their TOS unless you mean this;

Acceptable Advertising Policy

Acceptable Content

Tumblr is visited by millions of people around the world, each with his or her own culture, background, and point of view concerning appropriate content. While we strive to promote a free and open discussion online, content that falls into the following categories won’t be approved to run as Sponsored Posts. All posts are subject to Tumblr’s approval.

• Sexually-explicit or NSFW content.

• Content related to death.

• Offensive slang or religious alignments.

• Content related to drugs or alcohol.

Content Ownership

You are responsible for the content you post on Tumblr, whether used in paid advertising or not, and should secure the appropriate licenses and clearances (e.g., copyright licenses, rights of publicity clearances for celebrities, trademark licenses, etc). Note also that you have all of the same legal responsibilities inherent in other paid advertising channels (rights clearances, endorsements, etc.) for Sponsored Posts.

This doesn't mean you can't post about your services or business, it means you can't use their paid promotional services to boost Sexually-explicit or NSFW content and have it appear throughout Tumblr dashboards all over the site.

I'm not convinced, please quote the TOS where it states you can't.

"anyway, delivery code SEEMS great... anyone want to talk about their experiences actually getting stuff delivered?

i've noticed that:

Ebay is "not allowed"

...but you can still add stuff from ebay, it will work, just don't be surprised if EVERYTHING has a +29.99$ "shipping fee" (including stuff that is 2$ and free international shipping)

speaking of which, it only works with stores that offer international shipping?

yeah so one of the reasons i asked about that is i'm wondering if it actually goes through an international shipping center first? that seems very flawed and unnecessary and could easily double the ship times of most items.

doesn't work for amazon (like, at ALL) which just seems silly cause that's their one obvious competitor

i've been able to find some products i like from smaller sites that work, but it looks like they still have to have the site in their system or something otherwise there is a default 29.99 charge (thats ON TOP OF the deliverycode fee)

like, i can see it being great for people who regularly have fans spending a couple hundred on them, but i'd prefer to actually be considerate of my fans. like a lot of the stuff i get bought for me is just lube and cheap dildos or whatever, less than 30$ to begin with. i'm considering getting a PO box as a live in a bigger city, or maybe looking at some other simpler kind of service that gives you another address and they just forward the stuff to you."

I use DeliveryCode because Gifts don't pay bills and they reduce the risk of being scammed or privacy violations, so if someone wants to get me something, they can use DC. It's not inconsiderate to want to be safe, your fans should want that for you too.

Amazon is not their competitor... you can add amazon items to the list, so they still make their money... no competition at all. Amazon Wish lists AND Gift Cards can both be refunded, and order cancelations on Third Party (not sold or shipped by amazon) items on your list will give the customer your address. With the limitations on what I can add to my wish list if I choose to not allow Third Party gifts and with the closure of accounts related to the adult industry, I don't feel comfortable with these risks, so I use DC because they do not allow order cancelations and I can add almost anything. I want a lot of stuff that you just can't get on Amazon an the sites they're on don't have egift cards.

Ebay is not allowed, even though it may work because the site is designed to work with Ecommerce sites, if someone buys something added from EBay or any other auction site, your account will be closed.

The $29.99 is only for international items, sometimes there's a glitch on and it adds it with the $29.99 shipping, just re-add the item and it should fix itself, if not contact customer service so they can fix it. If it's not international, shipping should only $9.99.

I've spoken to their service rep about why the flat fees, even though shipping could be cheaper on an item. Well shipping can also be MORE expensive (for both local and international items) and items are sometimes added to the wish list while on sale and customers will buy it at the sale price even though the sale has ended. The additional costs help cover the site's ass when they come across these issues. It basically goes into a pot and is used when needed, such as higher shipping costs, item substitution (item out of stock), bank initiated refunds and customer satisfaction (I'll get more into that one).

As for my experience with DC, they're new, so if you can't tolerate a simple, fixable glitch every so often, don't use it. I've had people order gifts and send me vouchers and I've had nothing but love for them even with a mistake on their part. If you're worried about the customer having to pay extra, get them to send you a voucher because there's no additional fees, but then all the fees and shipping come from your own pocket when you order. So don't ask for vouchers for particular items and get them to buy directly from the wish list.

I've had one issue, where I had ordered 3 bottles of Spunk lube using my voucher balance. I edited the quantity on the shopping cart page (can get to it by pressing cancel in the order processing, but don't use it!), and when it arrived... there was only one bottle, even though I paid for 3. I contacted customer service and they immediately redeemed themselves by refunding, not just the one messed up order, but also refunded another item I had ordered at the same time, just to say sorry for their mistake. So this kind of great customer service, wouldn't be possible without taking the extra amount a customer pays for shipping if shipping is actually cheaper on the item.

I have a feeling some may ask "Then what's the DeliveryCode fee for, why can't they just use that?". DeliveryCode works by having customers pay for the item and then the DeliveryCode employees go to the site and order it for you. That fee pays the employees to do this and give us a way to have a completely secure, anonymous wish list.

As for a P.O. Box or Forwarding service... both are expensive. My earnings would be paying for them, even if I don't get any gifts. I think customers paying a fee when they checkout a gift for me, is cheaper in the long run. I would think a forwarding service or P.O. Box would be more for those who constantly receive gifts.