Convertion ratio in the promotion dashboard

I have recently found the "Convertion ratio" indicator at the bottom of the promotion dashboard and was wondering if any of you could tell me what a "good" convertion ratio would be.

Comments

• Out of curiousity, does it break it down per traffic source? Or does it just give a general conversion rate for all traffic?

• I checked and it looks like it does not break down per traffic source, just general.

• Lesbian Cuties How good the conversion rate is tends to be hugely dependent on the type of traffic you're getting. For example, review site traffic is usually fairly well-converting, I even heard of 20:1 and such numbers, although these seem a little fantastic. I'd expect, if you have a positive review on a website, that it should be around 50:1. You would see similar numbers or ones a bit worse with a members area advertisement (if a paysite owner places your advert in their members area, shown to users that already paid at least once for their access). At the same time, traffic from your profile on a Tube site might be good if it was 5000:1 (but there is so much more traffic that it may well be worth the trouble dealing with tubes as well). 

WebcamStartup 

• Lesbian Cuties How good the conversion rate is tends to be hugely dependent on the type of traffic you're getting. For example, review site traffic is usually fairly well-converting, I even heard of 20:1 and such numbers, although these seem a little fantastic. I'd expect, if you have a positive review on a website, that it should be around 50:1. You would see similar numbers or ones a bit worse with a members area advertisement (if a paysite owner places your advert in their members area, shown to users that already paid at least once for their access). At the same time, traffic from your profile on a Tube site might be good if it was 5000:1 (but there is so much more traffic that it may well be worth the trouble dealing with tubes as well). So, it's  hard to say what a "good" conversion rate is.

WebcamStartup Yes good point there, need to make sure this is prioritized up - showing per-affiliate conversion rate to models and per-model conversion rate to affilliates.

• Lesbian Cuties How good the conversion rate is tends to be hugely dependent on the type of traffic you're getting. For example, review site traffic is usually fairly well-converting, I even heard of 20:1 and such numbers, although these seem a little fantastic. I'd expect, if you have a positive review on a website, that it should be around 50:1. You would see similar numbers or ones a bit worse with a members area advertisement (if a paysite owner places your advert in their members area, shown to users that already paid at least once for their access). At the same time, traffic from your profile on a Tube site might be good if it was 5000:1 (but there is so much more traffic that it may well be worth the trouble dealing with tubes as well). So, it's  hard to say what a "good" conversion rate is.

WebcamStartup Yes good point there, need to make sure this is prioritized up - showing per-affiliate conversion rate to models and per-model conversion rate to affilliates.

• If someone can answer me this question; "What's the URL of the landing page after a user successfully registers" I can do up a quick tutorial on how to setup conversion rules in Google Analytics. It'll provide details on conversion rates for different channels / traffic sources.

• @WebcamStartup, it leads to /home, with a few unique biller identifyers/codes after /?

• Are the identifiers static (don't chage) or variable (varies with each site / reigstration / user / ect)?

Is there are part of the URL parameters that are consistant with every transaction? If so, might be able to setup a conversion rule using wildcards or whatever they call it for this particular scenario.

• Damn, I was really hoping there was a "Success!" page.

• We're discussing using that actually.