#7 Feature Friday Digest - March 20, 2015

ModelCentro keeps evolving considering your needs, so here's a digest on what's new!image

Set up your Primary domain

If you use several domain names, now you have the ability to choose which of the domains is the primary. The Primary domain will be displayed in Social Networks when you share news with your fans. 

To set up domain as the Primary you need to:

1) Go to ‘My Site’;

2) Click on ‘Settings

3) Click on ‘Setup as Primary’

Welcome Video Autoplay and Adapting Video Player

Turn on the Welcome Video Autoplay to greet your visitors automatically once they are on the Home Page of your website! Neither size nor quality of uploaded welcome video matters – the new adaptive video player will be automatically adjusted! 

1. Go to the gear icon by ’My content’;

2. Choose ‘Enabled’ from the drop down menu.

Google Webmaster Tools

Connect Google Webmaster tools and make optimizations to help Google better understand and represent your site. This is now available through My Site > Applications

To add your website to Google Webmaster tools you need to:

1. Go to https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home?hl=en ;

2. Type your website’s name here: 

3. Click on ‘Add a site’; 

4. Follow the step-by-step process to add your website to Google Webmaster Tools;

5. Copy this code: 

6. Paste the code into this field (My Site>Apps):  

Disable Photo Downloads

Due to multiple requests, we have ruled out the ability to save photos from your photosets by clicking on ‘Save image as’. The photos will only be available for download if the "Allow to download photosets" is turned on through content settings.

Optimizations: photoset uploads and website stability

ModelCentro developers rolled out another optimization, which further speeds up how quickly you upload photosets to your website. The new upload server allows you to publish or schedule photosets 40% faster! The techs have been working hard on making the platform more stable and reliable, which will let you enjoy the process of running your own site even more! 

Comments

• Great Updates Model Centro Team 
  • this is cool. You know what would be cool if you can disable downloads but only allow ppl who order custom content (in the upload section) to download their custom video. i did it for a customer today. once he downloaded it i switched the settings back to never download so ppl dont download videos from the site. 
  • @TinyDawn, but that's how it works by default. The unlocked content a user will be able to download, in the meantime you can disable downloads for all videos that are made public to all site members. You shouldn't have to turn it on and off.
  • edited March 2015
    The google webmaster tools integration is awesome! I like to see what guys are searching for, and where my site "ranks". Search engine optimization can be kind of a fun challenge, and it's neat to try different things as far as titles and descriptions of clips and photo sets. 
    You can also see who links to your site, and their significance according to google. There is a TON more information about how google "sees" your site, and where and how people are finding you. If people are searching for "pink butterfly dildo", you might want to make more clips like that to attract more searchers. I'm always learning new things!

Below is a screenshot of my top ranking search positions, and as you can tell, quite a few desirable terms (like "furfetish video")! 

• How Do I get it to Verify
  • ooohhhhh now i feel like a dumb ass lol. thanks Natalie 
  • Kaitlin-FurPassion might know way more than even i do about this @Cher
  • All I did to verify mine was go to the google analytics link, added my website, pasted the code it gives you (google+numbers) into the Webmaster Tools box on the Apps page of ModelCentro, then just clicked Verify on the google analytics page.
  • I got it to work
  • Thank you Holly for the info. It helped out to verify me.
  • Thank you for this! Will there ever be a feature were we can see exactly where a join came from? i know with google we see everything. but it would be nice to see where exactly our members who have/are joining are coming from to better pinpoint what's working and what isn't.
  • That should be available first for the affiliate program joins, not sure if we can do it globally soon, but definitely something for the idea box.
  • Im having truble getting my webmaster tools and google to work :( I emailed you guys) idk how to do this lol
  • Hi Caselynn, please: check out Google Webmaster Tools Help Center: https://support.google.com/webmasters/?hl=en#topic=3309469  - it should help you to figure out how the system works 
  • I made it!

I somehow feel smarter xxx