Opt In for Network content

I am not sure if this has been suggested before - but I would love it if network wide us models could opt in or out our content to be shared in the membership side across the network.  This would enable us solo models to diversify our content with ease.

And I am thinking the opt in would be on a per item basis for models choosing to display thier content within the network (similar to enabling downloads or previews - you can opt in site wide, but you also have the controls in place to turn it off for certain items)

Perhaps even have some controls on the model choosing to share the network (eg. stay with a certain body type or fetish - which would be determined by the tags and/or niches chosen for the shared content)

And of course all content would be linked to the site sharing said content so a member can choose to also join thier site if they want to see more.

I realize this is probably a huge undertaking - I am just cuirous if this is something that is even on the radar?  I also realize this can be manually (as I have done with Kris Ann), but I am sure there is a huge number of models that don't check the boards, but they check the notices from MC and what is available in their back office.

Thanks!

-Misha

Comments

• They've got Models.xxx which is somehwat on-par with what your saying.

The huge headache I see in this is revenue-attribution. It would have to be algorithm-driven based on who's content the subscribers are interacting with in order to attribute the percentage each model is owed. That's the only real "fair" way to go about it.

• Hey Misha! Yes, @WebcamStartup immediately raised one important problem with it. It was widely discussed - from creation of networks of sites to unifying updates. It is hard to pin point when we would start on something like this, and if it will prove really worth the effort (if anyone will want to do it). Documents and releases would be another problem By putting content on your site, you certify that you have the id scans of each performer and release forms that show that they allow this content to be made and distributed. It will have to be very carefully thought out before implementation.

• Revenue sharing and algorithms are overthinking it. If we all knew each other in person or met at, say, FetishCon, most of us would be fine doing content trades.

In a live situation, that can be done a few different ways: 1) Shoot one scene with one camera and we each get a copy of the raw footage to edit as we see fit. 2) Shoot a scene where we each have our own cameraman and each leave with our own footage. 3) Shoot two scenes, one for me, one for you.

What you're talking about is closest to situation 1 above. So why not just open up a marketplace where we can post, "Hey, I'm willing to trade these clips exclusively, and these clips non-exclusively." Myself, I'd offer solo clips to anyone who wanted them, and limit the exposure of clips where I'd had to pay a co-star and I want to keep as much revenue as I can on my own site.

You'd still run the risk of someone jacking your content and throwing it out for free on tube sites to drive traffic to their own site, but no more so than in any other situation, i.e., a subscriber getting a cheap trial and downloading everything then cancelling.

In lieu of a marketplace, there's no reason you can't post on GFY or here and say, "I do older/younger gay scenes, bareback, vanilla, foot fetish, cigarette smoking, and tickling mainly, and I have solo, duo and threesome clips available for trade, all with full 2257 docs available. Check out previews on Manpuppy.com. Anyone want to trade for similar?" and see what happens. ....like I just did ;)